Breezy Rigatoni with Greens and Feta

Breezy Rigatoni with Greens and Feta

Half a box rigatoni pasta (I like Barilla brand)
One bag (13.5 ounces) mixed cooking greens (I used “PowerGreens”, a bagged mix of spinach, baby bok choy, & red & green Swiss chard)
Approx. ¾ lb. of feta cheese, crumbled
4 cloves of garlic, peeled & chopped
Crushed red pepper flakes
Extra-virgin olive oil

Cook pasta to al dente stage according to package directions & drain.
In same pot pasta was cooked in, heat a few dollops of extra-virgin olive oil & sauté garlic for a few minutes. Do NOT allow garlic to brown or – heaven forbid – burn. If garlic burns, start over.
Add greens & stir occasionally until wilted down. Gently fold in pasta, feta cheese, & crushed red pepper flakes. Heat through & serve.

While this makes a fine entrée dish on its own, it’s also nice as a side to seasoned sausages, which is how I used it. Served it with some nice “Spinach & Feta” chicken sausages. Delicious.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
PowerGreens?????!!!!

OMG, that sounds FANTASTIC!!!

I take it that they are fresh, and that I'd look for the bag in the produce section, Breezy?

Man, that combo with the pasta and feta sounds terrific!

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
See, that's brilliant!!!

I love greens but my roommate doesn't, and when I buy a bag of bok choy or chard, I have WAY too much!

This is perfect!

Thanks, Breeze!

Lee

They really cook down to nothing, so are perfect for small dishes. If I was making this for a larger group, I'd definitely buy several bags.

Bells

I really like this recipe and have to try it. I have some flax penne that should be good in it. Thanks!