2 c white wine
6 c stock (chicken or vegetable)
4T dried porcini mushrooms (ground)
1/3 C grated parmesan
1/4 chopped fresh parsley
1t nutmeg
S&P

Method

Melt the butter in a stock pot. Slice and saute 5 mushrooms in the melted butter. Remove when the edges start to brown. Save aside. Finely dice the remaining mushrooms. Add the mushrooms, nutmeg, onions, garlic and shallots to the melted butter and saute 5 minutes. Add the risotto and blend with the butter and vegetables for 1 minutes. Add the wine and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the stock, 1 cup, blending well, and slowly simmering until liquid is almost absorbed. Add another cup of stock, and simmer and stir until that liquid is absorbed. Continue to do this till all the stock is absorbed. Add the cheese and parsley. Taste for seasonings. Top with reserved sliced mushrooms when ready to serve.
Augustdinners017.jpg

Augustdinners022.jpg

Augustdinners024.jpg

Augustdinners028.jpg

Augustdinners030.jpg

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I absolutely love risotto too. Great recipe and excellent pictures girl. :a1:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Risotto is a real labor of love.....stir, stir, stir, and stir some more. I love the idea of using ground porcinis, never done that before. Looks like a great recipe. Thanks!

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
You've done it again, Vera. Now I'm starved so it's a good thing DW is cooking vrunch right now....

joec

Gold Site Supporter
What size pot are you using or is that glass? I can't tell from the picture but I'm guessing it is enamel coated cast iron.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
What size pot are you using or is that glass? I can't tell from the picture but I'm guessing it is enamel coated cast iron.

It's an old Farberware pot, not ceramic or cast iron...but it's 35 years old and cooks like it's brand new. My best guess is it's 6quart size.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Vera I was going to guess about 4qt to 6 qts for your recipe. I have pots from a 1/2 qt butter warmer up to a 12 qt. stock pot and everything between.