Jumbo Jetliner Mysteriously Disappears off Radar!!

Shermie

Site Supporter
How in the world does a big monster twin-aisle twinjet airliner just vanish without a trace?!!

The 777 is no small aircraft by ANY stretch of the imagination!! Its cabin width is only a foot shorter or narrower than on the 747, and it uses 2 big monster engines, with a giant wing span of over 200 feet!!

So how in the world can a monster jetliner of this size and magnitude just plain pure-d disappear without anyone knowing where it might be?!!! This is a complete and baffling mystery that still has yet to be answered or resolved!!! :confused:

Last edited:

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
In all likelihood something catastrophic happened. An explosion would explain the lack of cockpit radio transmissions reporting a problem.

Shermie

Site Supporter
In all likelihood something catastrophic happened. An explosion would explain the lack of cockpit radio transmissions reporting a problem.

Someone in the area probably would've seen a huge ball of fire or something. What was once thought to be a door from the craft floating on the surface of the water, I think, turned out to be nothing.

But when a plane catastrophically crashes into the ocean, there is usually some debris floating on the surface, as in the cases of the TWA Flight 800 & Egypt Air Flight 990 tragedies.

Something is out there, and they might have to hire a submarine or scuba divers to go down there and search for debris and bodies. The victims families want answers and to at least make funeral arrangements and get some closure. :sad:

Saliha

May the God be mercy to all victims (because I don´t think any in there is alive) and give the strenght to their loved ones.

:neutral:

Shermie

Site Supporter
What a very horrible way to die!!

To die is one thing. But to completely vanish without a trace, why, that is just absolute total destruction!!! :sad:

Saliha

To their families it will be important to know what happened. And get the bodies to bury.

:mellow:

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
>>Disappears off Radar!!
uhmmm, first question to pose is: what radar?

if they had a documented radar track, they'd know where to start looking, eh?

>>maybe the plane turned around....
so like, what radar? if they had a documented radar track they'd know, eh?

quite obviously there is no "air traffic control radar" in the area.
the 'perhaps they turned back' thing is from a unrelated non-involved military installation that 'had a hint of something'

the plane's transponder was "telling the world" where the plane was and then it stopped as the aircraft reached cruising altitude - just a few minutes into the flight

_nobody_ "missed" the aircraft.
'the airline lost contact with the plane 1-2 hours after take off'
'the aircraft took off at 1421 GMT and failed to check in at 1741 GMT as scheduled' -
one does not 'check in' with air traffic radar, it finds you. the check is obviously a voice cue / expected time when the aircraft would enter somebody's airspace.

so that's three hours the plane is 'somewhere' and was not missed.

if it was a big time airborne explosion - ala the B word - satellites would have picked up the flare.
perhaps they did but the military(s) do not wish to expose their super secret capabilities?

if it 'landed' in the water - something would be floating around. not found, yet.

that's is a three hour window; 3 hours * 550 mph cruising speed = a search radius of 1,650 miles.
pie are squared, so that's 8,553,006 square miles to look at.

four times plus the area of the twelve largest USA states - starting with Alaska, thru Texas, ending with Minnesota.

since no debris has been found at sea along the usual and customary suspect routes, starting to look like it went down over land.

my personal theory is that Putin sent in his guys to snap up a new executive jet . . . .

Shermie

Site Supporter
They DO have radar apparatus to try to keep in touch with the planes in the air. The strangest thing is that the plane cannot be located. This, to me, sounds very fishy.

Planes CAN disappear off radar, as in the case of the A-330 jumbo jetliner that went down in the Atlantic Ocean a few years ago. And you're right, it DOES seem like no one knows which radar that the 777 was being monitored on. And if it went down in the sea, a thingy would pop up onto the surface of the water that flashes a bright red light to show the exact location of the wreckage.

But first, they must try to find the "little black box" and flight recorder, which could help them in determining just what exactly went so terribly wrong.

And if the plane went down on land, then someone should've or could've seen something. It would appear to me that this might seem like a cover-up, since no one seems to know anything.

Yeah Saliha, at this point, instead a rescue effort, it will be a recovery effort. But they have to try to find out where in the world the plane or what's left of it is.

Last edited:

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
>>They DO have radar apparatus to try to keep in touch with the planes in the air.

yes. it's called "a radio"

radar = "radio detection and ranging"

radio and radar are not the same thing.

and, the Air France flight did not disappear off the radar, it was not _on_ the radar because badda-bing-badda-boom - ain't no radar covering that area.
/quote
The aircraft departed from Rio de Janeiro-Galeão International Airport on 31 May 2009 at 19:29 local time (22:29 UTC), with a scheduled arrival at Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport 10h34min later. The last verbal contact with the aircraft was at 01:35 UTC, or 3h6min after the 22:29 UTC departure, when it reported that it had passed waypoint INTOL (1°21′39″S 32°49′53″W), located 565 km (351 mi) off Natal, on Brazil's north-eastern coast. The aircraft left Brazilian Atlantic radar surveillance at 01:49 UTC.
/unquote

and,,,, just like the Air France that went down in the Atlantic, this aircraft was equipped with a transponder that broadcasts its position, etc and et. al.

which is how the Air France flight was located - the full automatic transponder broadcast _was_ working up to the point of the crash. this is apparently _not_ the case in Malaysia.

the transponder data is how web sites work that show the real time location of aircraft in flight. see: flightaware.com -

they really don't have 20,000 elves calling every radar station in the world and typing information into the web site. nor is every radar installation tied into some "galaxy wide" display system.

way too much global thermo-nuclear war stuff there, Sherm.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Almost like on 09-11-01, when on AA Flight 11, Mohammed Atta thought that he had turned off the transponder to ground control, when actually, he didn't, and thought that he was only talking to the passengers & crew, when in actuality, he was also talking to the Boston Control Center.

That is how ground control knew what was going on.

Last edited:

Guts

I wouldn't trust anything I hear on the NBS / CBS / ABS the three major BS stations. The only time I Tune to them, if they have a sporting event.

Leni

Oh God! We just got a phone call from one of Toms ham radio friends telling us that his wife and new born baby were on board.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ahhh, that is so sad. Sorry to hear that Leni. :(
Last I heard last night, with the plane turning and all tracking devices turned off purposely (no other way for all to go off) it does sound like hi jacking or terrorism is part of the equation.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Oh God! We just got a phone call from one of Toms ham radio friends telling us that his wife and new born baby were on board.

I'm so sorry to hear this, Leni

My condolences. You & Tom are in my prayers. :sad:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Info has now surfaced that Boeing has announced the 777 might have had a weak spot somewhere in the fuselage (catastrophic failure)!!

Could THIS have been what might have brought the plane down? Hmmm, I wonder. :sad:

Last edited:

Saliha

Info has now surfaced that Boeing has announced the 777 might have had a weak spot somewhere in the fuselage (catastrophic failure)!!

Could THIS have been what might have brought the plane down? Hmmm, I wonder. :sad:

That might be one reason. But there might had many other reasons too.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I read today where some think it is in the vicinity of India. Crazy.

Saliha

The vicinity of India?

:huh:

Does it causes kind of accidents?

Do I now understand this matter different than you?

Shermie

Site Supporter
Catastrophic failure usually gives no one any chances of sending out an SOS. Mainly because it can happen so suddenly, giving no one a chance to think what might be going on.

In the early to mid '50s, the Comet - the world's first jetliner, was stylish, sleek, elegant & efficient in all its gory, giving travelers the very first opportunity to fly at faster speeds because of its jet engines.

Everything seemed to be going quite smoothly, as the company that was making the plane saw a very lucrative opportunity to off the new plane to airlines around the world!

That is until a then hidden design flaw began causing catastrophic failure in which the plane broke up in flight several times for seemingly no reason at all.

Engineers began to investigate the matter by placing an entirely sealed dummy fuselage of the plane into a tank fill with water. Air was pumped into the fuselage to simulate cabin pressure, as though the "tube" was flying at high altitudes.

What they then found out was pretty horrifying! Air bubbles in the water could be seen coming from the windows in the fuselage. Turns out that the completely square windows had revealed a very startling potential design flaw that needed immediate attention.

All of the remaining Comets were pulled from service, and the newer design of the windows had included the popular rounded corners on them. The newer upgraded Comet 4 was then introduced with the rounded corners in the windows, but by THAT time, the jetliner's popularity had gone down, causing the airlines to lose interest for fear that travelers wouldn't want to fly in the plane any more.

The same thing happened in '79 when in Chicago, the AA DC-10 that lost an engine, had sparked fear in the travelers, as they had begun refusing to book themselves on flights that being operated by DC-10's :sad:

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
But who? Isn't that the same thing as a hijacking?

To me, it is just even more hogwash, red tape & BS to put the travelers through at the airports!!

That is why I will not fly!! :shitHitsFan: :angry:

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
>>Isn't that the same thing as a hijacking?

not sure we're conversing on the same planet. but if you've got a lead on alien hijackers, I'm sure Malaysia would be interested in hearing about it.

Shermie

Site Supporter
info has now surfaced that authorizes suspect that 3 pieces of something is possibly floating on the surface of the water.

Closer surveillance should or could soon verify as to whether they are the remains of the plane. The search area has also been widened to include more surveillance. :ohmy:

Leni

Our friends wife and baby were not supposed to be on that plane. I don't know what happened but maybe they had an opportunity to get to her parents sooner and she took the opportunity.