Meal deal 10/7/10

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I am still working it out. This is my quiet time to unwind and plan a meal. Silly as it sounds I give myself some options then go to sleep with them on my mind. Very often I dream my meal plan!!

Well what about you?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Pork loin is on sale $1.99 lb this week so I picked one up. I will cut the loin in 1/2. Half for a roast goes in the freezer. The other ½ will be either cut into chops and pan fried or cutlets which pounded thin, breaded & fried for dinner tonight. TBDL
So heres the tentitive plan for dinner:
Pork loin with gravy served with broccoli rabe sautéed with garlic, EVOO & grapeseed oil, spaetzle with cheese sauce & salad.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I have a question: Do you think 1 - 1/2 cups of cheese sauce will be enough sauce to cover 1/2 lb cooked spaetzle? I want to make spaetzle and cheese. I picked up an envelope of Knorr's 4 cheese sauce that I will add extra shredded cheddar to. It states it makes 1 - 1/2 cups sauce. Will this be enough or should I make a white sauce and add this dry mix and the cheddar to it? Basically how many cups of sauce would I need for 1/2 lb pasta? I rarely measure when I make homemade mac and cheese. If there is to much pasta I just put butter on it and give to someone or make tuna salad and add the pasta. But this is spaetzle.

Phiddlechik

I'm teaching 5th grtade today, and have 3 violin lessons to teach today as well. So, I browned a couple of sirloins, seasoned with s&p, put them in the slow cooker with some dried onion, and a bit of water. We have some leftover rice in the fridge, so may just do something simple. I probably won't eat until 7.

I have a question: Do you think 1 - 1/2 cups of cheese sauce will be enough sauce to cover 1/2 lb cooked spaetzle? I want to make spaetzle and cheese. I picked up an envelope of Knorr's 4 cheese sauce that I will add extra shredded cheddar to. It states it makes 1 - 1/2 cups sauce. Will this be enough or should I make a white sauce and add this dry mix and the cheddar to it? Basically how many cups of sauce would I need for 1/2 lb pasta? I rarely measure when I make homemade mac and cheese. If there is to much pasta I just put butter on it and give to someone or make tuna salad and add the pasta. But this is spaetzle.

Are you sure you want to put a heavy cheese sauce over the spaetzle? I usually eat it with melted butter & herbs. (Birdseye?, years ago. used to make a spaetzle with green beans & a garlic/butter sauce ((from memory)), that was pretty good.) You could top the spaetzle with a little gravy or caramelized onions & mushrooms w/ a little grated cheese; & save the cheese sauce/packet for another dish.

Last edited:

FooD

I'm taking advantage of the 2 for 1 tri-tip deal at Ralph's so I'll be smoking 2 tri-tips later this afternoon. One will be roasted med rare for me, and the other will be med well for the rest of the family.
Baked potatoes and some vegis too. I also have some cheap wine from Trader Joe's.

Tonight is also movie night at Park Drive Bar & Grill (my home). I think we're watching this new Australian film, Animal Kingdom.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Are you sure you want to put a heavy cheese sauce over the spaetzle? I usually eat it with melted butter & herbs. (Birdseye?, years ago. used to make a spaetzle with green beans & a garlic/butter sauce ((from memory)), that was pretty good.) You could top the spaetzle with a little gravy or caramelized onions & mushrooms w/ a little grated cheese; & save the cheese sauce/packet for another dish.
Thank you for the suggestions CC!! I did the beans and spaetzle last week. I want to cheese these. Maybe I will use egg bows instead and cheese them. BUT I still need to know if 1 -1/2 cups will be enough sauce for 1/2 lb pasta.

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Pork loin sliced thin breaded Italian style and fried served with broccoli rabe (sautéed with slivered garlic, ground red pepper flakes, sea salt, ground peppercorns, EVOO & grapeseed oil), buttered spaetzle draped with cheese sauce (Knorr’s 4 cheese sauce mix with Frank’s hot sauce, dry yellow mustard & shredded cheddar added).

pork_spaetzle_broccoli_rabe_100710_P1060434.JPG

Last edited:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Easy dinner tonight. I picked up a rotisserie chicken and made it into chicken salad and served it with tomato basil soup

Attachments

• dinner10072010.jpg
    dinner10072010.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 117

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Easy dinner tonight. I picked up a rotisserie chicken and made it into chicken salad and served it with tomato basil soup
That picture is so beautifully colorful! YUMMY! But I bet your rottis chicken is much better.

mhend

Looks delicious Peeps and Mama! I made spaghetti carbonara tonight. No pics though. Out of batteries for the camera.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you mhend. This is the first time I used the Knorr sauce. It was pretty good with my additions. I will use it again.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
a slice of deli beef (london-broil); half a kosher dill, artichokes, an adult beverage~

FooD

Thursday nite tri-tips and movie nite! I over cooked my med-rare roast.

The rest of my family like their meat destroyed as in well done. So I give them what they want...:yuk:

Attachments

• P1050369.jpg
    P1050369.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 87
  • P1050377.jpg
    P1050377.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 93