Medtran's Alfredo Sauce

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It's really not that hard or time consuming the way I make it. Only thing is that it's a 1-time only use. It breaks if you let it cool and heat back up.

For 2 main dish servings, I melt about a half stick of unsalted butter over fairly high heat in a small skillet until it's bubbling (not browning though) and then start stirring in cold heavy cream a little bit at a time until it looks right. I eyeball it so if you want I'll have to measure it next time. Then, I let the cream heat up, stirring nearly constantly until it is starting to get large bubbles and is starting to reduce some. You have to incorporate the cream and butter thoroughly.

Then I turn heat down to med low and start stirring in about 3 handfuls of large grated parm (again eyeball). Somewhere along the way I grate in a bit of nutmeg, probably about 1/8 tsp plus/minus. I usually add just a pinch or 2 of salt as well. It takes less than 15 minutes to make it and that includes cheese grating time.

Obviously, this is a once in a while very rich dish. I don't even want to know the calories or fat it contains.
progress.gif

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I started a thread for this, Med, since I wanted to be able to find it again.

Too many great recipes get lost in the dinner threads!

Lee