Pumpkin Biscotti with Cream Cheese Drizzle

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I love pumpkin everything.

And I adore biscotti.

So when I found this recipe in a little Pillsbury booklet of all pumpkin recipes, I wanted to try it.

I'm not a great baker, but I will keep trying. They came out pretty well, though I like them crunchier, but the bottoms were burning.

Still tasted good and they are great to dunk in coffee or tea.

Here's an internet link that I copied so I wouldn't have to type the recipe.

http://cosmopolitancornbread.com/pumpkin-biscotti-with-cream-cheese-drizzle/

And here's the recipe. I followed it exactly.

Pumpkin Biscotti with Cream Cheese Drizzle
Ingredients
· 5 c flour
· 2 c sugar
· 2 tsp baking powder
· 2 tsp cinnamon
· 1 tsp nutmeg
· ⅛ tsp cloves
· ⅛ tsp ginger
· ⅛ tsp salt
· 4 eggs
· 1 c pumpkin puree
· 2 t vanilla
Glaze:
· 3 oz Neufchatel cream cheese, softened
· 3 Tb powdered sugar
· 3 Tb heavy cream
Instructions
1. To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and salt. You can sift these all together if you like, I just stir them with a whisk, lifting from underneath until they are all mixed together. Set this aside for now. In your mixing bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, eggs, and vanilla, until smooth. Add the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture. Mix this with your paddle attachment or even your dough hook. You will just barely combine these, as you mixer will have its job cut out for it. Don’t try and mix it completely, you’ll do that by hand. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, scoop it all together and knead it with floured hands until it comes together. Divide the dough in half, and roll or pat it out into a long rectangle that is about 18×6 inches, and a half inch thick. Lay it on a large cookie sheet or jelly roll pan that is lined with parchment paper or a silpat. Repeat with the other half of the dough. Bake these for 30-35 minutes, or until they feel firm to the touch in the center. Pull the pan out and allow them to cool about 15 minutes. You’ll need an additional baking sheet to finish these, so go ahead and get that ready while you are letting them rest. After 15 minutes, gently move one of the “logs” to a cutting boards, and with a serrated knife, cut the logs into slices on a diagonal – about ¾-1 inch thick. Lay the slices on their cut surface on the baking sheet. Repeat with the other log. Bake these for an additional 15 minutes. Remove them to a cooling rack.
3. While they are hot, quickly whisk together the softened Neufchatel cream cheese, powdered sugar, and of heavy cream. Whisk until smooth. Pour the mixture into a ziplock bag, and snip the very tip of a corner off. Drizzle the goodness all over the tops of the cookies. To make clean-up easier, set the cooling racks over a couple sheets of wax paper, parchment paper or foil before you do this. Allow the cookies to cool completely, and the glaze to dry a little. Store in an airtight container. Ahhh…..these make me happy. Whether with coffee or a glass of milk. A bit of crunchy fall goodness.
4. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Pumpkin biscotti 1.JPG
    Pumpkin biscotti 1.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 893
  • Pumpkin biscotti 2.JPG
    Pumpkin biscotti 2.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 975
  • Pumpkin biscotti 3.JPG
    Pumpkin biscotti 3.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 986

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Looks good Lee. What did you add not in the recipe? Nuts? Fruit/dried fruit?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, I didn't notice that, Peep.

The recipe in the little booklet I used (you know, the kind you get at the checkout at the supermarket) called for 1/2 cup of dried cranberries and 1/2 cup pistachios.

Lee