Random Thought Thread!

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
hmmmm, I have lots of random thoughts, can't share some, LMAO!
It's hot, I'm hungry, it's freaking hot!!!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Geez Louise, my house smells sooooo good right now......garlic and onion cooking on the stovetop........:brows:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
When you see red, the color I see may be blue. But, we have all learned that when we see THAT, we call it red…….but how do we know that what we all agree to call red or green is the same hue. Maybe it’s all just conditioned acceptance of the same visual stimuli and has nothing to do with personal interpretation.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Maybe that's why DH calls a caution light "orange" and I call it "yellow".

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
That's right! Yellow means "hurry up...the light's fixin' to turn red"

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
When you see red, the color I see may be blue. But, we have all learned that when we see THAT, we call it red…….but how do we know that what we all agree to call red or green is the same hue. Maybe it’s all just conditioned acceptance of the same visual stimuli and has nothing to do with personal interpretation.

I love questions like this, and I ponder such things!

For one thing, there's the physics of light waves and there are rod and cone receptors in the eyes. They vary a bit, but are pretty similar in one human to the next, with some exceptions, natch.

Also, if we all saw color vastly differently, we would all be pointing out different colors to the same baby and confusing the hell out of him.

What about other things regarding the senses? How come cilantro tastes like plastic on my taste buds and papaya tastes like turpentine to me?

Why can't a lot of us stand the sound of fingernails on a chalkboard, but my college roommate's skin crawled if she heard the sound of tearing cloth?

How come some people are ticklish? How and why does "tickling" happen, anyway?

Hmmmmmmm????

Lee

homecook

I love questions like this, and I ponder such things!

For one thing, there's the physics of light waves and there are rod and cone receptors in the eyes. They vary a bit, but are pretty similar in one human to the next, with some exceptions, natch.

Also, if we all saw color vastly differently, we would all be pointing out different colors to the same baby and confusing the hell out of him.

What about other things regarding the senses? How come cilantro tastes like plastic on my taste buds and papaya tastes like turpentine to me?

Why can't a lot of us stand the sound of fingernails on a chalkboard, but my college roommate's skin crawled if she heard the sound of tearing cloth?

How come some people are ticklish? How and why does "tickling" happen, anyway?

Hmmmmmmm????

Lee

I like being tickled.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I am wearing beige pressure stockings right now, been on my feet all day.
Damn sexy if I do say so LOL!!
Wait! lemme go put on a house coat and put my hair up in pin curls to complete the picture haha!

homecook

I am wearing beige pressure stockings right now, been on my feet all day.
Damn sexy if I do say so LOL!!
Wait! lemme go put on a house coat and put my hair up in pin curls to complete the picture haha!

OMG! I can just picture it. :lol: Love ya girl.