New Moderators

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm guessing many of you noticed that we are a little short on mods. I know Sattie, Jim Slagle, waybomb and myself sure did. Yall have kept us busy, and that is a good thing.

I'm happy to announce that relief is on the way.

In alphabetical order the following members have agreed to assist with moderation duties and will work with you all to help keep NCT a fun forum to hang out at.

Please welcome:

Adillo303
Buzzard767
Lefty
Lillylove

&
Maverick2272

to the mod team. Very soon you will see all of them wearing the Super Mod tag. Most of these guys have moderation experience from other forums, but still, please take it easy on them as we get them use to our system here on Net Cooking Talk.

And ... A big THANKS to you all for making Net Cooking Talk the coolest cooking site on the net. Cheers to everyone! :beer: :tiphat: :applause:

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Appreciate your vote of confidence. Let's help make this the best cooking forum ever. :tiphat:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
:bonk:Don't let the power go to my head, don't let the power go to my head don't let the power go to my head:bonk:

Ok, I think I got it!!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Woo Hoo!!! Congratulations to all of our new mods! Doc, you are a very wise man - you couldn't have picked better people to serve our community! And I apologize in advance to the new mods for all the naughty things I haven't done yet.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
My view on moderation is less is more. Just remember that this site is not populated by 13 year olds, and we won't tolerate being treated as such. Doc, Jim and the gang have done a great job, and the only reason I can think that we need any change is that they are spending too much of their personal time doing this job. As long as the character of this forum remains the same, then I think it's fine. Just remember, people will notice what you are saying and doing, even if you don't. Now let's CHOW DOWN!

chowhound

Looks like you've got a good team there, Doc.

And of course I'm sure you told Lilylove that she had to cancel her trip to the beach.

;^)

The Tourist

Banned
I also agree on Buzz being a great choice. He knows a lot about knives, and ancillary issues like cutting boards and sharpening.

lilylove

Looks like you've got a good team there, Doc.

And of course I'm sure you told Lilylove that she had to cancel her trip to the beach.

;^)

OH DARN! He forgot to mention that... I'm taking a leave.

I'll return in March and start my duties then!!! lol!!!:tongue:

buckytom

Grill Master
[[sigh]]

always a bridesmaid, never a bride. :sad:

j/k

congrats to the new mods. a finer mob with power there never was. :)