Breezy Crockpot Chicken and Noodles

Made this yesterday (adapting quite a bit from a new recipe), & it turned out to be the very first crockpot recipe I've made that had me definitely wanting to make it again (& again - lol!).

Breezy Crockpot Chicken and Noodles

One package boneless skinless chicken thighs - OR - one package
boneless skinless chicken breasts (in my opinion, the thighs will produce a better & moister end product, but breast pieces work if you’re a white-meat-only fan)
½ a stick of unsalted butter, melted
1 can Campbell’s “Golden Mushroom” condensed soup
1 small packet dry Italian dressing mix
4 oz. container “Chive and Onion” cream cheese
¾ Campbell soup can full of dry white wine (Chablis, Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc)
One 8-ounce package white button mushrooms, rinsed & halved
Chopped/minced fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley for garnish (optional)
Freshly ground black pepper:to taste, 5-10 grinds at serving time

Add melted butter, soup, wine, Italian dressing mix, & cream cheese to crockpot. Whisk until relatively smooth. Stir in mushrooms & nestle whole chicken pieces into sauce, spooning a little sauce on top of chicken. Cook on
low for four (4) hours (no peeking!). Remove chicken, shred or cut into bite-size pieces, & gently stir back into crockpot. Serve over cooked egg noodles garnished with parsley.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It does sound good BC. And I can relate ...we've tried a number of crock pot dinners but have yet to have one twice ...so you've given me hope for this one. LOL :thumb: :D

Yup - me too!! I've yet to repeat ANYTHING I've made in my crockpot. But this one will DEFINITELY be repeated. Hubby & I both cleaned our plates, & although it's only 10 a.m., I'm already looking forward to enjoying the meagre leftovers for lunch - lol!

A BIG plus for this recipe? Except for rinsing/halving the mushrooms, zero prep! No need to pre-saute or brown anything.

Oh goodness - forgot to add "freshly ground black pepper to taste at serving time" to the recipe. No salt required - ingredients are salty enough.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Copied and saved (it was Chive and Onion cream cheese that got me!)

Thanks!

Lee

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I was going to make this recipe over the weekend but DW tells me we're already booked -- therefore, it's in the pot now. I'll post pics tonight. :thumb:

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Breezy, you out did yourself. That sauce would go with many things and it has become a permanent part of our recipe collection. We served the chicken (skinless breasts) whole because I'm lazy. Doing it that way reveals a bit too much softness from the length of the cooking time so the original recipe is King. Shred the stuff up and cover it with the sauce.

Awesome dinner, Breezy. Thanks so much.

More sauce was added after the picture was taken. :thumb:

Attachments

• SDC11316.jpg
    SDC11316.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 189
  • SDC11317.jpg
    SDC11317.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 188

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I made this last night. VERY easy and delicious!

The only thing I added were a few shakes of paprika on the raw chicken, then again, when the dish was finished.

Good call on the boneless, skinless thighs, Breezy - they were perfect!

Lee

Attachments

• Breezy's chicken 1 sauce.JPG
    Breezy's chicken 1 sauce.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 175
  • Breezy's chicken 2.JPG
    Breezy's chicken 2.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 178
  • Breezy's chicken 3.JPG
    Breezy's chicken 3.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 169

Doc