Sandra Lee: The Anti-Julia!?!? Huh?

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Dear LORD! To utter Julias name and then Sandras in the same context is insane! The journalist then says.....

She's TV's top female chef and has been called the 'daughter' of Julia Child. But Lee's (store-bought) apples fall far from Julia's tree.

What in the HELL are they talking about? Top female chef??? She is NOT a chef! She is a cook and a not so good one at THAT!

Sandra Lee SUCKS! Some writer....

Kurt Soller wrote this column. I think Kurt needs to be "let go" from his writing.

Here.... go ahead and read it. Its horrible.
http://www.newsweek.com/id/210852

chowhound

I don't mind watching her shows except when she gets to all the color coordinated drink umbrellas and table cloth.
I've never been tempted to make anything she's done though...

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
I don't mind watching her shows except when she gets to all the color coordinated drink umbrellas and table cloth.

So you think shes hot and like her cleavage? Its alright to say it. :brows:

Lefty

Yank
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHwnBfBcK20[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLMNZ6xY6YY[/ame]

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Uhhh, Fred...I don't know how to tell you this, but SMOTHERED CHICKEN came from her show. Of course SHE didn't have anything to do with it, it was the recipe of a black chef she had on the show, and she was trying to screw up the recipe with bottled gravy ( Gag, Puke, :puke1:) instead of using his scratch gravy from pan drippings. Sorry...I don't care much for Sandra the Cook either. Way to freaking cutsie for me, or as my son would say, "Table scape THIS!" :yum:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I dont really care for her at all. But I have seen a few grilling recipes by her that aren't bad. I saw her make this on one of her shows. Besides being a good recipe, she was using a brand new Weber WSM. Sweet.

http://www.foodreference.com/html/tri-tip-mango-1008.html

You know the recipe looks fine with one exception, brand names listed on the side of the ingredients. Every time I see something like this I think of large food item producers recipe sites. Sorry the only way I can watch here is to turn of the sound. She is easy to look at but that is about all really, that is if one is into MILF.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
She's so skinny I'd be afraid of being injured by a bone sticking out. SHe reminds me of the babies we used to save our pennies for in 3rd world countries. I like a woman with the shape of a woman, not a boy or a stick.

chowhound

Uhhh, Fred...I don't know how to tell you this, but SMOTHERED CHICKEN came from her show. Of course SHE didn't have anything to do with it, it was the recipe of a black chef she had on the show, and she was trying to screw up the recipe with bottled gravy ( Gag, Puke, :puke1:) instead of using his scratch gravy from pan drippings. Sorry...I don't care much for Sandra the Cook either. Way to freaking cutsie for me, or as my son would say, "Table scape THIS!" :yum:

Just go ahead and tell me, Joe :huh:
I meant, I never saw her make something that I looked up on FN and printed out to make. Obviously if someone posts a recipe here without mention of where they saw it or where they adapted it from... it could mislead people as to where it actually came from. How was I to know where you got that smothered chicken recipe you posted? I thought it was yours or your family's. I guess I should pay more heed to the phrase never say never. :wink:

I don't have the FN on too often, but it's better than Survivor or some reality bullcrap if nothing better is on. At least with FN in the background a person with an open mind can pick up a few pointers or tips, like Guy Fieri's show where he ate fries soaked in vinegar before frying them at some diner. I'm not beyond picking up a tip from anyone. It doesn't matter to me if they have chef or cook status. Well, except for Paula Deen. I've tried a few of her recipes and they tasted terrible. I try not to have her on in the background because she can make the recipe sound good enough to try.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
How is it that her kitchen changes colour to match her clothes and plates all the time?? I haven't watched that show in about 3 years...and even the mixer changed colours to match her shirt.

buckytom

Grill Master
it's a "fluff" cooking show in the lighest sense of the term. i don't bother to watch it as there's extremely little that i can glean from it in any possible way.

also, it bugs me that her boobs, elbows, and hips are beginning exist on the same horizontal plane.

chowhound

it's a "fluff" cooking show in the lighest sense of the term. i don't bother to watch it as there's extremely little that i can glean from it in any possible way.

also, it bugs me that her boobs, elbows, and hips are beginning exist on the same horizontal plane.

True. It's entertainment, as are most TV cooking shows. If all you (not you specifically BT) are interested in is technique and recipes, by a book.
Like RR's 30 minutes meals volume xx.
:yankchain:

Lefty

Yank

:lol:

It is one of the worst shows for getting cooking tips or menu ideas. :agree:

buckytom

Grill Master
i can see how a ditsy house wife or hubby with lots of time on their hands might like to watch it to get some decorating and other frivolous time-wasting ideas, before the maid cleans up and makes supper for the kids.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I thought this was interesting. :mrgreen::mrgreen: Even Alton Brown doesn't care for Aunt Sandy:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm2NKn0qpiU[/ame]