What's cooking NCT Sunday, 7-23-17 to Saturday, 7-29-17?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Something light after this morning's breakfast.
I am thinking caprese salad and melon.

Dogboa

Re: What's cooking NCT Sunday, 7-16-17 to Saturday, 7-22-17?

For Saturday night's dinner, we had chicken and andouille gumbo.

picture.php

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We had bulgogi style marinaded/sauced beef stir fried with onions, green onions, shiso, bean sprouts, over jasmine rice, with shrimp scallion pancakes.

picture.php

Johnny West

Tonight was a Whole30 compliant Sunday dinner with Instant Pot beef ribs, mashed cauliflower with onion gravy carrot salade, and Spanish salade.

Attachments

• #Spanish Salade.jpg
    #Spanish Salade.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 154
  • #Beef Ribs.jpg
    #Beef Ribs.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 151

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
What with the weather being much cooler today, I am making a recipe my DIL sent me.
No Peek Easy Chicken.
I'll put the recipe in the bird forum.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
We had eggs scrambled with green pepper, onion and smoked ham added and corn bread for brunch.

Dinner may be stuffed shells.

Johnny West

They were seared, set on crock pot type setting for a long time, then finished off with the pressure cooker. They came out just like a Sunday pot roast.

Tonight I'm grilling pork country ribs.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Long time, no have. Perfect for a cold, rainy night.

Lee

Attachments

• Grilled cheese and tomato soup.JPG
    Grilled cheese and tomato soup.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 137

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
I love that chicken medtran.
Your dinner looks fabulous.

Thanks, your chicken recipe looks pretty good too. This was pretty easy as well, just S and P the chicken, brown it off in some olive oil, throw in the cloves and some thyme, and let it bake. The recipe I used called for an awfully long cooking time as well, 1-1/2 hours, which we both thought was really excessive, especially after browning on the stove top, so we pulled it after 1/2 hour at 350 and checked the temp, which was 207. Good thing we used thighs and they are so forgiving.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Not sure what's for dinner. Having a bad allergy attack last 2 days. Eyes red and swollen, nose stuffed up. Very painful. I also have a sore throat. I want soup. If DD helps maybe split pea soup made in the Instant Pot. Quick, easy and won't heat house up.
Pea soup on Saturday and Sunday.

pea_soup_2_072217_650_IMG_2502.JPG

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We had stuffed shells, ricotta,moz, parm, from the freezer last night, with a salad and garlic bread.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter

Monday was Macaroni & Beef and a salad...

Macaroni & Beef.jpg

Last night we carried in Chinese - Scallops in Garlic Sauce...

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Dinner yesterday was a beef chimichanga drowned in queso blanco sauce and rice, from Cabo.

Not sure about tonight.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Tonight, we'll be having souvlaki meatballs with homemade pita bread, tzatziki, and I believe Dogboa said he wanted a Greek tomato sauce as well. We bought some kasseri cheese when we went to Restaurant Depot over the weekend, as they didn't have halloumi, to make saganaki and picked up some ouzo yesterday. Might make some Greek oven baked potatoes too, depends on how hungry DB is when he gets home.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Tonight, we'll be having souvlaki meatballs with homemade pita bread .....

I'm interested in these two recipes, Med. Would you please post them in a thread of their own?

Sounds delicious!

Lee

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter

Argh !

Wrong thread again !:bonk:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Last night we had pancakes and sliced peaches.

Not sure about tonight. A few choices available - chili, stuffed shells, or either pasta with green olive (and anchovy) sauce or Pasta and broccoli Aglio E Olio.

Change of plans. DD wants western omelette and corn bread for dinner.

Last edited:

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Turkey and pork souvlaki sliders in homemade pita, with tzatziki and Greek tomato sauce. We had saganaki, flaming cheese, for an appy.

picture.php

picture.php

I had to adjust the recipe, so I'll have to type that out.

Embryodad

Disappointing pizza supper tonight. Son Jimmy picked up 2 pies on way home from work. They came by to pick up the baby; because we watched him today.
Dead old rubber chewing typical commercial pizza joint junk! No flavor, tough cheese!
I have eaten better pizza that was picked out of a box of party pies leftovers at work.

Shame!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last evening's repast ;

Ham and Yams, Pineapple "Gravy", Collards

Ham and Yams, Collards 1.jpg

Ham and Yams, Collards 2.jpg

Tonight ... No Clue !

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Last evening's repast ;

Tonight ... No Clue !

I decided to take a page outa your book and make a deconstructed muffaletta. Already made the giardinieria and used that to make up the olive salad, adding a little extra olive oil and red wine vinegar, so we're basically ready to go tonight, other than slicing up the meats and cheese some, and making croutons.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Disappointing pizza supper tonight. Son Jimmy picked up 2 pies on way home from work. They came by to pick up the baby; because we watched him today.
Dead old rubber chewing typical commercial pizza joint junk! No flavor, tough cheese!
I have eaten better pizza that was picked out of a box of party pies leftovers at work.

Shame!

That is a shame, Jimmy.

I ended up going to Arby's for the Smoked Italian Porchetta sandwich.
Definitely not a disappointment.
Pricey just for the sandwich, but oh so good!

http://arbys.com/our-menu/limited-time-offers/smoked-italian-porchetta

Tonight I am making boneless thin cut pork chops/Shake n Bake and the romaine/walnut salad.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I decided to take a page outa your book and make a deconstructed muffaletta. Already made the giardinieria and used that to make up the olive salad, adding a little extra olive oil and red wine vinegar, so we're basically ready to go tonight, other than slicing up the meats and cheese some, and making croutons.

Don't Forget Your Camera !:thankyou: