Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (HDHD).

Shermie

Site Supporter
Do any of you have or know a child or adult who has this disorder? I do!

One small child in particular, I know who has it. He and his 3 other siblings come over to a friend's house on some weekends. Three boys and a baby girl. This boy is the oldest child of the four and he's only five years old. He is very smart, bright & alert though!!

Anyway, when he's there, and if he gets into something that he should not be doing, the babysitter yells at scolds and spanks him!! Every time that he does something that she does not like, she is on him! We all know that children are supposed to behave and do what is asked of them, but I feel so bad for this little boy! His younger brothers and baby sister may also have ADHD as well, by the way that they act.

They are considered to be special needs children. Of course, I love them all and they are so near & dear to my heart. But the oldest boy, even though he is the oldest, he has captured my heart, and he has a tendency to not stay still, looks for things to get into & he has to be told something at least three or more times. I'd LOVE to work with him and show him that I care. I would NOT treat him badly!!

I don't think that he should be scolded, yelled at or spanked!! He should be talked to and treated like a human being. Not like someone who should be scolded all the time!! She does not really put him in any real pain, but just the thought of him being treated that way makes me mad at her and I feel so bad for him.

If I say something, then there will be a big argument, so I keep my mouth shut, but I kindly talk to the boy and explain to him that I know what he is going through and that it is not his fault. I've seen this disorder in many children and even a few adults as well!! I love him and his siblings and want so bad to help them!! They are otherwise very happy & playful most of the time. :sorry:

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds as if those kids would benefit by spending some time with you, Shermie.

Lee

Shermie

Site Supporter
And by the way, his siblings also get yelled at, scolded and spanked!! But not the baby. She mostly cries a lot.

These kids are all more than likely special-needs children as well. I love them all very dearly!! They range in age from 5, 4, 3, and just over a year old. The baby IS walking now under her own power without having to hold onto something.

The 5-year-old will get mad and yell out. He vents his anger when he's constantly being scolded. I sometimes cry for him because he knows not what he does!! He's such a sweet kid!! I so wish that these kids were mine!! :bbq3:

Johnny West

Having taught SPED for so many years these kids need tough love, good attention, and into a school as soon as possible. The yelling and spanking needs to be stopped as soon as possible. You sound like the positive force in their life. One day soon the parents will have to come to some understanding of this.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Having taught SPED for so many years these kids need tough love, good attention, and into a school as soon as possible. The yelling and spanking needs to be stopped as soon as possible. You sound like the positive force in their life. One day soon the parents will have to come to some understanding of this.

I love these kids as if they are my own.

To see them being treated like common criminals just purely breaks my heart to the very core!! :sad: :bonk: