Rhulman's Braised Lamb Shanks

Johnny West

I aquired a copy of Rhulman's braising cookbook and am doing the lamb shanks for tonight. I've got the lamb shanks salted and peppered, the miropoix made, and will finish it all off later this aftrnoon after I get Amelia.

Lamb%20Shanks.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice looking shanks, Johnny!

I love them, but the price has gone from about 2 bucks a pound to about 5 bucks a pound, which is nuts, so I don't have them often.

Like chicken wings, now that everyone wants them, the prices have skyrocketed! I can get boneless, skinless chicken breasts for less per pound than the damned wings!

Lee

Johnny West

Yes, Lee, those two lamb shanks cost $13. Rhuleman even talks about that in his recipe. The nasty bits get expenive when they become popular and the TV chefs only have temeselves to blame. I can only hope they don't do that to Rocky Mountain oysters and pig ears and snouts. :yum:

My dish got put on hold till tomorrow night due to granddaughter constraints ( I ran out of braising time.) but all is prepped and ready to go for tomorrow.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Is your granddaughter a picky eater, or does she like most everything?

Lee

Johnny West

Is your granddaughter a picky eater, or does she like most everything?

Lee

Bt the time I got her and stopped to do some shopping, the drive home in rush hour traffic I was frazzled. Tuna and noodles was a quick fix,

She's not too bad of an eater but sometimes gets contrary and refuses to eat. She likes meat and most veg and think carrots are her favorite.

I'll get started on the lamb in a few minutes.

Johnny West

I need to proof read my posts better as my grammar and punctuation is not acceptable. :ohmy:

The lamb shanks are in the oven.

Here is the miropoix.

FullSizeRender_28.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The seared shanks - didn't get a good picture of them frying.

FullSizeRender%202_17.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Johnny West

After two hours...

FullSizeRender_29.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Strained the veg out, made a little milk flour mix, added to the fluid and meat, then gave it another half hour while made carrots and some rice.

FullSizeRender%202_18.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Plated

FullSizeRender%203_13.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh my word! That looks spectacular!

It's 9:30 a.m., I've had breakfast, and my mouth is watering!

Nice job, and thanks for all the great pix, Johnny!

Lee