Restaurant Recipes

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
.....Saw the Outback Soup recipe....
That Reminds me.......
I've been collecting Classy Clones and Bona Fides for quite a few years.......

Sharing..........

Attachments

• Classy Clones.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 277

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Holy COW, Lucky! It's going to take me awhile just to read all those!

But I'll tell you, this is going to be the first one I'll make!

Thank you!

Lee

California Pizza Kitchen​
Dakota Smashed Pea & Barley Soup
2 cups split peas​
6 cups water​
2 14.5-ounce cans chicken broth (4 cups)​
1/3 cup minced onion​
1 large clove garlic, minced​
2 teaspoons lemon juice​
1 teaspoon salt​
1 teaspoon granulated sugar​
1/4 teaspoon dried parsley​
1/4 teaspoon white pepper​
dash dried thyme​
1/2 cup barley​
6 cups water​
2 medium carrots, diced (about 1 cup)​
1/2 stalk celery, diced (1/4 cup)​
Garnish​
chopped green onion​
1. Rinse and drain the split peas, then add them to a large pot with 6 cups of water,​
chicken broth, onion, garlic, lemon juice, salt, sugar, parsley, pepper, and thyme. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 75 minutes or until the peas are soft.​
2. While the peas are cooking, combine the barley with 6 cups of water in a saucepan.​
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 75 minutes or until the barley is soft and most of the water has been absorbed.​
3. When the split pea mixture has become a thick soup, use a handheld blender to puree the peas until the mixture is smooth. You may also use a standard blender or food processor for this step, pureeing the soup in batches. Alternately, if you like, you may skip this step, keeping the soup rather chunky. It's still good this way, just not as smooth as the real thing.​
4. Drain the barley mixture in a sieve or colander and add it to the split pea mixture. Add the carrots and celery and continue to simmer the soup for 15 to 30 minutes or until thecarrots are tender. Stir occasionally. Turn off the heat, cover the soup, and let it sit for 10to 15 minutes before serving. Garnish each serving with a little chopped green onion.​
Makes 8 servings.