70 Minute Turkey

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I've seen that some of you have shared the spatchcocked method for chicken on here before, but I believe this is the first time I've seen it done with a turkey. Doesn't take much to thrill me, let me say.
What a great idea for the holidays! :thumb:
-----------------------------------------

http://community.livejournal.com/cooking/tag/main course: poultry

Usually we don't have turkey in my house for Thanksgiving because it's just a huge pain in the butt. Why eat a turkey that will take hours to cook when we can pop a roast in and be done in an hour? This year, though, Mom was reading M.S. Living which had an article about cooking a Spatchcocked (butterflied) Turkey. So we thought... 70 minutes, really? Let's try it!

The turkey was the last thing to go into the oven and it came out perfectly about an hour later. No need to cover it or worry the skin will burn. It was still very moist.

eqnjp3.jpg

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Wow, that looks luscious! Next time I see a turkey in the market, I'll grab one. Problem is, we don't really see many turkeys except around the holidays. I noticed the other day that our supermarket had some turkey parts for sale...turkey legs are often used for mole here. Perhaps I should just ask the butcher...let's see..."Tiene pavo entero?" That should work.

mhend

That looks really good. I've only made one turkey for the holidays and it was almost bone dry. That was years ago. I switched to ham :) Looking at that makes me want to try the turkey again though!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
We like our turkey/poulrty on the dry side. To moist tastes rubbery and undercooked to us. I haven't been stuffing my turkeys lately and this looks wonderful.