• ½ medium onion, small dice
  • 2 stalks celery, small dice
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter
  • 2-3 TBS all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp fines herbes*
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream
  • 1 cup milk, or more as needed
  • 2 cups or more coarsely chopped cooked turkey (we like chunks)
  • 1/2 cup frozen peas
  • 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
  • At least 1 cup shredded cheese – Muenster, swiss, manchego, white cheddar, whatever you prefer
  • Salt and Pepper

Method

1 Preheat oven to 375°F. Start heating 2 to 3 quarts of water for the pasta. Add 1 teaspoon of salt for each quart of water.
2 Cook the mushrooms, onions and celery in the butter over medium heat, stirring, until all of the liquid the mushrooms give off has evaporated, 5-10 minutes. Add 1 tsp fines herbes and stir.
3. Stir in the flour, and cook the mixture over low heat, stirring, for 3 minutes.
4 About now, put the pasta into the boiling water you've heated. While the pasta is cooking continue on with the recipe.
5 Into the pan with the butter, vegetables and flour, slowly whisk in the broth, then the cream. Add milk to achieve a thin (not too thick!) sauce. Add the Parmesan cheese, turkey and peas. Bring to a simmer and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
6 When the pasta is ready, drain it and add it to the remaining ingredients. Mix well and put it in a greased casserole dish.
7 Sprinkle grated muenster/swiss/manchego on top
8 Bake the tetrazzini in the middle rack of the oven for 20-30minutes, or until it is bubbling and the top is golden, but casserole is not dried out
*The Hierbas Finas that I buy here contains a mixture of herbs: basil, bay leaves, tarragon, sage, thyme, oregano, rosemary and marjoram. Makes for a lovely bouquet, but don't use too much.

Serves 4 to 6.

K

Kimchee

In the less-than-liked word of a TV show host...

YUMMM-O!

;)

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Yummmm! That sounds good! :claps: I cheat and use cream of mushroom soup and put french fried onions in and on top of mine...