Spinach and blue cheese chicken wraps

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
DW and I decided to do a wrap tonight because we acquired some [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Fusionbrands-Food-Loop-Silicone-Trussing/dp/B000P6IOPM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1252601242&sr=1-1"]Food Loops[/ame] earlier today. The chicken turned out extremely juicy and tasted out of this world. Fran thinks it's my best effort yet. Mmmmmm......

*1 of those huge Sam's Club boneless chicken breasts butterflied leaving hinge intact
*spinach, blanched
*blue cheese - grated
*the peppered version of bacon salt
*bacon strips

Pound the chix flat.
Cover with blue cheese, spinach, and toss on some bacon salt.
Roll it up, apply the bacon strips, and secure.
Bake @ 350 for 40 minutes or until done. These Sam's breasts are huge and 40 minutes was required to obtain 165 F in the center.

Attachments

• SDC10018.jpg
    SDC10018.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 166
  • SDC10022.jpg
    SDC10022.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 169
  • SDC10023.jpg
    SDC10023.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 164
  • SDC10025.jpg
    SDC10025.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 164
  • SDC10026.jpg
    SDC10026.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 157

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
That looks beautiful, Buzz. I have never heard of Food Loops before, but I just ordered some. (Thanks for providing the link.)

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looks good, Buzz!

But 350 for 40 minutes and the bacon does not look very brown. Do you think the Food Loops prevented crisping the bacon?

Lee

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Looks good, Buzz!

But 350 for 40 minutes and the bacon does not look very brown. Do you think the Food Loops prevented crisping the bacon?

Lee

Good question, Lee. Perhaps the chicken kept the bacon too juiced to get crisp. It was thoroughly cooked as was the chicken. I've seen other stuffed chicken recipes that called for as much as 400 degrees. Maybe I'll try that.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Fran & I thought about cooking the bacon in advance, crumbling it, and adding it to the cheese and spinach. I might try that but I have a feeling it will detract from the taste experience we had tonight.

chowhound

I'm going to look into those food loops, too.
If only to fix stuff that breaks. Might be handy to throw a couple into the glovebox...

:yum:

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Fran & I thought about cooking the bacon in advance, crumbling it, and adding it to the cheese and spinach. I might try that but I have a feeling it will detract from the taste experience we had tonight.

I hope you don't mind Buzz, but I've tweeked this a bit when I made it. I salted and peppered the flattened chicken, added the bleu cheese and spinach, then a layer of thin sliced prociutto (sp?), rolled it up holding it together with toothpicks. Then dredged in seasoned flour and browned in the skillet with some olive oil and butter. I then took the chicken out and placed in a baking dish in the oven at 325 for 15-20 minutes, deglazed the skillet with a little chopped garlic and white wine then poured the sauce over the chicken. This is a very versatile dish and I thank you for sharing it with us! :tiphat:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Beautiful!! I have never paired bacon, blue cheese, spinach and chicken before. I will have to try it now!! Maybe a mild blue like Maytag. I have done feta, spinach and chciken. Hub and 1 daughter thought the feta was to strong.

I have seen those food loops at Chef Central but have not bought any. I just may now.