Howdy!!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey RoadKing, I'm glad you wandered this way. :thumb:
That looks like a mighty tasty avatar. Good job.

Some have posted some great looking recipes already.
Enjoy and post often. :thumb:

RoadKing

Doc, That's not only my avatar that's also my favorite meal. Ground round from my local butcher, a slice of garden tomato, a slice of red onion on a bakery roll. I wouldn't swap that for all the lobsters in Maine.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'll drink to that. :beer: I love a good burger like that. ummmmm

roughwoods

Cooking up a storm!!

:wave:Hi roughwoods here,this is my first post on net cooking talk.My wife and I have a small restaurant here in Nenana Alaska,We have been open for 11 years and are still going strong! When I am not out running around in a storm whith my snowtrack you will find me in the kitchen cooking up a storm.I need to loose some weight but I love to eat,I will just die fat and happy!!! I like all kinds of food and like to try new resipes every chance I get. I do not have much time to play on the computer but try to find time after work.I well post a photo of the prim-rib we cooked for valentines day.Hey I gota go eat something!!

Attachments

• IMG_0493.jpg
    IMG_0493.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 2,321
Last edited:

roughwoods

I will put the recipe for the prim rib on as soon as I find time to sit at the cumputer for more than 5 min.It might be a day or so. got to run..

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Hello from Texas!

Hi folks!!! I love to cook and better yet, I love to eat what I cook and what others cook!

I was referred by a good friend Deadly Sushi, thanks DS! :thumb:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to NCT. Glad you signed up Sattie. We have one Texan transplant that now lives in Va. Otherwise I think you are our first Texan. Congrats!
I look forward to some down home Texas recipes.
We are striving to be a Friendly and Entertaining Food Forum. With Sushi on board how can we miss? :thumb:
Rep points for Sushi for the referral. :thumb: :D

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Thanks for the warm welcome. I can definately hook you folks up with some down south cookin!!!

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the Forum, Sattie!

I'm the transplant. :tiphat:

Born in Wichita Falls, raised in Henrietta, worked in WF, Dallas, Houston and San Antonio before being transfered to Virginia 12 years ago.

Jim

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Dang Jim... you've been all over the place! I LUV the little hat head!!

DS... your to kind! Thanks buddy!

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
I have one recipe that I created myself. If you like, I will post it in the appropriate forum. I will say that I have never shared my recipe and not sure what folks will make of it. Plus I like hot and spicy so I tend to make my chili with a bit of heat in it. OH... and I like beans in mine which I know some chili purists tend to frown on that!

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Let me dig up the recipe and post it for ya then! I'm still tweaking it. You guys may help me refine my recipe!

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
BIG chili fan here! Ive seen a lot so another loving recipe will be good for me to check out! :thumb: To ME.... heat is very important. :)

Linda1946

Hello from Canada

Hi, my name is Linda and I love food. Perhaps I should clarify that - I love GOOD food. I have a husband who loves to eat good food and I love to cook. I've been taking a quick look around and I think I'm going to like this site very much indeed.

Fortunately for us, we have no weight problems and eat pretty much whatever we like but we do eat all things in moderation with healthy portions of fruit and veggies.

I'm looking forward to "meeting" all of you and sharing in your joy of food.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the Forum! :tiphat:

Glad you found us! :wave:

Sushi, little early for the "beverages" but I have a pot of coffee if anyone is interested. :beer:

BigAl

Good Morning Linda .
I'm fat and its the fault of this Food Forum !;)
Lots of great recipes and ideas here to add to you and your husbands cooking enjoyment .
Good to see you join up !
Allen

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Linda. I'm glad you joined up. What a great intro. I'll start you off with some rep points for that one. :thumb:
I'm one of the husbands who love to eat and my wife keeps me vary happy with all kinds of tasty goodies.
I look forward to getting to know you better here on Net Cooking Talk.
Enjoy and post often. :thumb:

Linda1946

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I'd love a coffee thank you. Coffee is truly one of my biggest weaknesses - none of those designer coffees for me though - just good old plain coffee - mmmmmmm.

I'm looking forward to sharing and enjoying great recipes and love of food with all of you.

I'm a moderator on another forum so probably won't spend a huge amount of time here, but I'm sure the time I do spend will be quality time.

rapunzel47

Hi Linda! Thought you might be having a look here too. ;)

Now I must do what I came in here to do -- introduce myself -- but seeing your username, I had to see whether my guess was right and say Hi.:tiphat:

rapunzel47

Greetings, fellow foodies!

My name is Fran, and my favourite room in the house is the kitchen. I love to cook, I love to eat, there's not much I don't like, and I'll try pretty much anything. I have a husband who would say all of that except the bit about loving to cook -- he can, and does a perfectly good job of it, but is much happier leaving me to it, which suits me fine. He's a willing guinea pig.:D

Looking forward to getting to know you, and sharing our insights. I've had a bit of a look around, and already like what I see.