half tsp salt
bread crumbs from 2 slice of stale bread
2 tbsp grated cheese
1 onion, finelly chopped
1 tbsp parsley, dill, chopped finelly
pinch of cumin and chilli powder
1 egg
oil for frying.

1) Grate the zucchinis coarsly. Add the salt and let it stand for 10-12 minutes. Then squeeze out the excess liquid.
2) Add the onion, cheese, bread crumbs, herbs, spices and egg to combine and mix.
3) Heat the oil and drop table spoonfulls of the mixture and flatten them slightly. Cook them on medium heat until both sides are browned and cooked through.
4) Serve them with natural yogurt, garlic and diced cucumber dip.

fahriye

Quick, easy to make and tasty zucchini fritters.
IMG_0221.JPG.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

homecook

We make these for our dinner during the summer when the zucchini are on overload! lol

Great pic!

chowhound

Neat. This is the first time I've heard of using zucchini this way.
Those sound good. I'm going to give them a try.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I love zucchini, I will definitely be making these....thank you for sharing!! :)

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I just made this recipe and took a picture. Before posting in a new thread, I did a search to see if it had been posted before.

I found this thread and I saw one from LuckyTrim called "Zucchini Pancakes" that looks almost exactly the same. And then there is a post by Mr. Greenjeans called "Mock Zucchini Crab Cakes" which uses Old Bay seasoning. I'm going to try that!

I used one medium zuke for this and it made exactly 12. Pretty good, but you'd never know there was shredded mozzarella in there. When I heat them up in the toaster oven, I will top each with a clump of cheese to melt. And sprinkle with smoked paprika.

Lee

Zucchini Patties

• 2 cups grated zucchini

• 2 eggs, beaten

• ¼ cup chopped onion

• ½ cup all-purpose flour

• ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese

• ½ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese

• salt, pepper and Italian seasoning to taste (or Old Bay!)

• 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil

• In a medium bowl, combine the zucchini, eggs, onion, flour, Parmesan cheese, Mozzarella cheese, and salt. Stir well enough to distribute ingredients evenly.
2. Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drop zucchini mixture by heaping Tablespoonfuls and then flatten down with a spatula to form a patty shape and cook for a few minutes on each side until golden.

Zucchini patties.JPG

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The reheated zucchini patties with mozzarella and smoked paprika were delicious! My friend, Kathy, LOVED them! We had them with BLT's last night.

This morning, I sliced a farmer's market tomato, topped the patties, and put mozzarella on one, Mexican blend on the other. I loved both of these even more! Added to my breakfast.

Gonna make more patties!

Lee

dinner.JPG

breakfast.JPG

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
The reheated zucchini patties with mozzarella and smoked paprika were delicious! My friend, Kathy, LOVED them! We had them with BLT's last night.

This morning, I sliced a farmer's market tomato, topped the patties, and put mozzarella on one, Mexican blend on the other. I loved both of these even more! Added to my breakfast.

Gonna make more patties!

Lee

View attachment 51502

View attachment 51503
That looks fabulous! 😊