I am getting old...

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ha! You're a youngster by my standards! I have grandbabies now. Just got word this past weekend that grandbaby number 3 is on the way. Due next April. :D I sure feel OLD! :D

Lefty

Yank
Hold on there Doc, I started late in the child rearing game. I could have grandchildren too. 50 is not too far away for me.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hold on there Doc, I started late in the child rearing game. I could have grandchildren too. 50 is not too far away for me.
Okay Lefty.
I hope you can save some vigor for what is coming down the pike at you. Kids can go crazy in HS. Good luck!!!! :beer: :D

Lefty

Yank
Okay Lefty.
I hope you can save some vigor for what is coming down the pike at you. Kids can go crazy in HS. Good luck!!!! :beer: :D
My plan is let mom go in first (she is 13 years younger than me) and wear her down a bit. Than I will fight the crazies with all I have. :dizzy:

She has been testing us for a while now. Though she is a great kid. :heart::heart::heart:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Ah I have great grand kids in school. Talk about feeling old I have for years now.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh thank you, JoeC! I was reading all of this, thinking OMG, I must be REALLY old. My oldest granddaughter entered 8th grade this fall (school has already started in China). All I can say to you guys is "enjoy, enjoy, enjoy". My two kids were angels by no means when they were teenagers, but I so enjoyed them and all their friends. We had a houseful constantly - it's a good strategy, because then you always know where your own teenagers are!

buckytom

Grill Master
congrats doc, and good luck lefty and peeps.

my little guy starts first grade next week. i hope his teacher is nice, or at least is hot.

smoke king

Banned
lol-My oldest grandchild started high school this year, and my youngest just entered kindergarten! I suppose I should feel old, but I just feel really grateful!! (doesn't hurt that I still listen to Pantera records-ooops, I mean CD's ! :yum:)

Lefty

Yank
lol-My oldest grandchild started high school this year, and my youngest just entered kindergarten! I suppose I should feel old, but I just feel really grateful!! (doesn't hurt that I still listen to Pantera records-ooops, I mean CD's ! :yum:)

I actually had fun talking to the youngin about what Black and White television is, 8 track tapes, cassetes, life before cable tv and life before internet. When there were no seatbelts in cars. Not to mention life before cell phones, cordless phones party lines.

I could go on, but my CRS is kicking in.