NCT Cooks Challenge 14 Aug 2- Aug 9 PIG!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
1. Pasta (unstuffed, filled or otherwise layered)
2. Chicken
3. Duck
4. Fowl (yeah, you can also do one for the previous three)
5. Fish - with scales and fins
6. Shellfish and things that live in shells
7. Something from the ocean/pond/lake/stream/river/puddle
8. Cow
9. Pig
10. Ground Cow
11. Smoked Pig
12 Cream
13. Your favourite spice
14. Your favourite herb
15 Breakfast
16 Stew
17. Italian
18. Middle Eastern
19. Chinese
20. Mexican
21 BBQ/Grill/Smoker
22. Seasonal vegetable of your choice (must be 'in' season)
23. Dessert

Pig, Pork, Cochon, Bacon, Ribs, Roasts, Chops, Belly, Cheeks....:clap::clap:

Can't wait to see what this challenge brings!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Pig works for me! Last night's dinner was grilled Pinoy Pork with oven roasted honey gold potatoes, mushrooms, and red onion:

PinoyPork.jpg

PinoyPorkSkewers.jpg

The inspiration for this dish was Dee's Pinoy Pork pictures in the dinner thread. Thanks Dee :thumb:. I marinated the pork for two days (not planned to be that way, but that's what happened, and I'm glad that it did). Flavor on the pork is great. I will be doing this one again.

Link for recipe: http://www.filipino-food-lovers.com/?p=81

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
WOW! I guess last nights dinner would fit the bill. Nothing fancy just family food.

Pan fried pork chop, pork gravy made in the pan with drippings, sweet potato (with butter, Splenda brown sugar, sugar free maple syrup and ground cinnamon) and French style green beans (sautéed in butter with toasted slivered almonds, onions, sliced mushrooms, dried porcini mushroom powder, sea salt and ground pepper).

porkchop_sweet_potato_beans_080210-P1060095.JPG

Last edited:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh my, I feel an irresistible urge to make porchetta coming on....wish the weather would cool down a bit. Well, I have a few days yet.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Breakfast for dinner – over easy eggs, bacon, fried potatoes (Yukon gold and red potatoes with onion, red pepper and mushrooms seasoned with fresh ground black pepper fried in bacon drippings) and buttered toasted French bread.

eggs_bacon_potatoes_080310_P1060104.JPG

Last edited:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
LBP, I wish two things: (1) that I could fry eggs that looked just like yours; and (2) that your plate was sitting in front of me right now! Looks really delicious. Oh wait, I wish one more thing: some of Cooksie's pork. Yummy looking! Thanks for sharing.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
LBP, I wish two things: (1) that I could fry eggs that looked just like yours; and (2) that your plate was sitting in front of me right now! Looks really delicious. Oh wait, I wish one more thing: some of Cooksie's pork. Yummy looking! Thanks for sharing.
Thank you Karen.

Meme4251

I double that Karen....I can't fry eggs like the ones I see here on NCT....Tried and tried, to no avail....LOL...........Very nice meal there....Meme

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Very nice Cooksie and Peeps! My contribution is a Hawaiian stir fry made with Jasmine Rice, garlic, egg, Oyster Sauce, pineapple, green onion tops and .........SPAM!!!!! :w00t2:

Attachments

• hawaiianstirfry.jpg
    hawaiianstirfry.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 250

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Very nice Cooksie and Peeps! My contribution is a Hawaiian stir fry made with Jasmine Rice, garlic, egg, Oyster Sauce, pineapple, green onion tops and .........SPAM!!!!! :w00t2:
That looks beautiful but Spam?!?!?!?! LOL

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I can buy Spam here, but it is always in the "imported gourmet" section and costs the equivalent of about $7 USD a can! Haven't eaten any Spam in years, but it is good fried.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Pork tenderloin injected with Cajun Butter and grilled. With the pork we had fries, fresh green beans (with chunks of ham - more pig!), Olive Oil & Herb pasta, and garlic bread.

step1-60.jpg

step2-54.jpg

step3-47.jpg

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Mama and Keltin, I am out o' karma!! Both look wonderful!!

I'm ready to go for Saturday and Sunday...and we've got Satchmo fest going on too!!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Too hot to make porchetta, so this will be my "pig" entry - a refreshing summer salad made with pork tenderloin, nectarines, plums, avocados, tomatoes, and lettuce, garnished with toasted almonds. The dressing is made with balsamic vinegar, mustard, honey, EVOO and seasonings. I posted the recipe link from AR over on today's dinner thread. I modified the recipe a bit, and we loved it. We ate every bite and almost licked out the dish.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 163