What is Your Weather?

Embryodad

Perfect day today...as far as the weather goes..

75º and 55% humidity...perfect for staining the deck.

Tomorrow I take all the deck crap and plants and move it back, and then stain the remaining 1/3.

Tina took my pic..."Smile like a Happy Camper" she said!
I smiled...but I was Grrrrrrrrr..On the Inside. L O L :bonk:

081a96a0.jpg

b3108a59.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
can u say, 'sunscreen'~ (i spray on like half the can each day, it's so sunny).
thank goodness the pool is finally open!

good pic, jimmy!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
The return of the unbearable heat is forthcoming.
Hurray.. not! lol
hehe Jimmy, looks like you had a grand time out there staining the deck.
Currently.. after 1AM.. 74 degrees.

Embryodad

The return of the unbearable heat is forthcoming.
Hurray.. not! lol
hehe Jimmy, looks like you had a grand time out there staining the deck.
Currently.. after 1AM.. 74 degrees.
Oh! Yeah! Sass... Could you see how grand I looked rolling stain.
I would rather have rolled some spaghetti around a fork!

Right now it's a cool 61º... Tina is on the EZ chair all covered with a thick quilt, and snoring away. L O L

Tomorrow...its finish the 1/3 that all the "S" is covered with, and all DW's pathetic plants.. Grrrrrrrr!!

Don't send the heat this way!... hahahahaha...I don't like to sweat! Unless it's from shoving down a gaggle of food!

Ian M.

I'm certainly with you there, man! You should have seen how I looked the other morning when I was building that stupid cat pen. And now those positively rotten cats don't want to go out and play in it, either. Such gratitude!

Ian :respect: Don't get no respect at all!

Embryodad

I'm certainly with you there, man! You should have seen how I looked the other morning when I was building that stupid cat pen. And now those positively rotten cats don't want to go out and play in it, either. Such gratitude!

Oh! That's funny! .... Cats are so finiky.

We do and make everything for ours, and they walk past as if it was enfringing on their space.

My DD spent like 150.00 on this cat tree house; all carpeted etc.
One cat went in it for a week, and now it is abandoned.
What the one cat likes...is to sleep on a flat pizza box. That is her bed, and the other two special beds we bought are just empty. And they are not cheap.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter

ur a laugh-&-a-half.:laugh: i'm so glad u & fallon joined us! kitties definately have minds of thier own. weeee respect yinz. the kitties, another story. i luv-luv cats; sometimes, they're so demanding, tho, & snobbish, depending on thier personality.
it is warm. i think. lemme check....... yep. not overly warm. sunny from the main living room, overcast from the kitch door. oh, this weather. sheesh~

Last edited:

Embryodad

Partly sunny here too!

I love when a big cloud covers the sunshine and it gets darker, and then the cloud goes away.

What am I getting sun stroke???? Geesh!

It's a nice 75º here at 315.. I'm done with the deck staining T G

Now comes the ballusters and railings, but Tina said she likes doing that. Yay!... SHeee Cannn Like it all she wants.

It took me 4 hours to move all the plants and chairs and junk, and 2 hours or less to finish the staining / sealing. yay:blob_blue:

Embryodad

Here we are with a real summer day...
It was 90º yesterday....

It was forecast to be 96º today, but it only made it to 90.3º.

It is 6:45 and it dropped to 88º. It is a little humid though.

Monday they are forecasting 74º ; and so there is a cooling trend somewhat on the way!.. .. ..

Leni

I'm in the San Fernando Valley where it got up to 80 something today. We had a nice breeze though. Where on the west coast are you sweet tooth?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
It's been outrageously hot here.
This evening, a thunderstorm passed through and it cooled it down nicely.
Dropped 20 degrees in an hour.
It's supposed to start cooling off gradually into Monday.
Back to the 70s for highs and 50s for lows.
Nice :D

Embryodad

It's been outrageously hot here.
This evening, a thunderstorm passed through and it cooled it down nicely.
Dropped 20 degrees in an hour.
It's supposed to start cooling off gradually into Monday.
Back to the 70s for highs and 50s for lows.
Nice :D
Nice??.... Nice as Ice...for darn sure!

Can't take heat. Hoping for rain as forecast tomorrow.

Heck...grass is cut.. deck is stained... everything else can wait.

Great day tomorrow to stroll around in the dome heepo.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Nice??.... Nice as Ice...for darn sure!

Can't take heat. Hoping for rain as forecast tomorrow.

Heck...grass is cut.. deck is stained... everything else can wait.

Great day tomorrow to stroll around in the dome heepo.

Jimmy, I ran around town and out of town all day!
Got up early and took Gretchen the weenie dog for a walk down by the creek in the woods.
By the time we got back home the temp was already on the rise.
She looks cute when she's panting and sweating, I don't. LOL

Then it was ANOTHER shower then off to Office Depot to search for a new monitor out of town... then lunch, then the hair salon- then an inservice meeting at work, then a stop at DQ, then the rains came.
Walked through the front door looking like a drowned rat.
That rain was a blessed relief for the farmers around here.
The corn will survive, but the beans won't from what I hear.

Bring on the cool and let it stay.
If it were 70 degrees year 'round, you'd get no complaints from me. LOL

Embryodad

Tomorrow it is forcast to be 99º with showers and thunderstorms later!

That's almost a definite power failure here!

Have a bigger Genset now, but I have to install the transfer switchgear, and put all the circuits I wish to use on the Emergency panel.

I could see where it will be hotter than the blazes tomorrow; because it is 10:25 PM and it is still 80.4ºF outside. Usually it is around 74 - 72.
Bring On Winter!!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I can't wait for fall...it's by far my favorite time of year. We had another day today where temperatures reached 100° or better...I think that makes about 7 days out of the past 2 weeks, the other 7 days only got to the mid 90's :lol:. We've been having some pop up thunderstorms pretty much daily here but most on them have missed us. We need the rain desperately here. My garden has just about burnt up. Well, we finally got some today. It poured for about 30 minutes. Just enough to make it steamy and then the power went out. Luckily it was only out for a short time.

Embryodad

I can't wait for fall...it's by far my favorite time of year. We had another day today where temperatures reached 100° or better...I think that makes about 7 days out of the past 2 weeks, the other 7 days only got to the mid 90's :lol:. We've been having some pop up thunderstorms pretty much daily here but most on them have missed us. We need the rain desperately here. My garden has just about burnt up. Well, we finally got some today. It poured for about 30 minutes. Just enough to make it steamy and then the power went out. Luckily it was only out for a short time.
I don't mind the heat..haha...as long as I am inside nice and cool.

I went next door to a Graduation Party last Sunday, and Tina was home ill.

It was hot but they had a big tent, and fans blowing. We all sat to eat as soon as enough burgers were grilled, and the central unit was pounding its bunns off keeping their house cool.

All of a sudden..the central outside unit shut off, and everyone said, Yay! It reached temperature, and we are saving electricity..

I said,"Uh! NOoooo! You are saving electricity, because there is No Electricity.
then within seconds...the casablanca overhead fans started to slow down.
I could hear everyone say..Oh! **it!

Then my cell phone rang; it was Tina....she said,"We Lost Power!"...I told her to get up and start looking for it!..hahahaha. 2 minutes later, it came back on. There was some lightening, and a strike shut down the breaker on the surge protector at the sub station. Whew...Thank God!

Here is a funny one! Tina's Uncle who lives near Atlantic City had been without power for like 4 days. T's Brother who lives 1.5 hour away, went to do a mercy mission, and bring him to his house which had power and all.
Now the uncle is 90. He had a great time / the power came back on, and the farmer down the road checked to see all was oK while he was gone on his mercy room and board at T's Brothers.

He arrives back home, and T called him. He said he turned the AC on, and the house was 78º inside. He then shut it off at 2 am. He awoke at 10 am. and would you believe...he was chilly; and so he turned the HEAT ON! OMG! I can't believe it!
I guess at that age, it is cold all the time.

I know when he was here for Easter Holiday, he was freezing at 74º inside, and we had to light the wood pellet stove so he could be warm. I was perspiring just thinking about it.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
12:51am and it is 82F!! What is Your Weather? Tomorrow - the hotter side of HELL!!

Embryodad

12:51am and it is 82F!! What is Your Weather? Tomorrow - the hotter side of HELL!!
It's 1 am peep, and it's 75 now.

The central AC beat its buns off trying to keep up today.

Tina is sick, but getting a little better, and she needs that A/C cooling.
We keep it at 74 in the day, and then at night when it cools off out a little, there is no actual load because of no sun etc...so we drop it to 72 at night. It only runns a few times, but at 74...it won't run because there is no heat outside to make it come on!
Capeesh??

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Another hot hot day here too. :pat:
I live for the summer and love to boat ....and it is now to hot to boat. Crazy.

Embryodad

It was supposed to make it to 96 today, but it only made 90.1º at 1:30pm.

It now looks like Kansas and The land of OZ will be soon coming.
We need rain bad.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
a 'lil storm. broke the humidity again.:D leaving once again to get over 2 a festival.