New Panini Maker and I need inspiration!!

Deelady

I just bought a new panini maker. Care to share your favorite fillers to inspire me??? I have a few favs but would love your favs as well!

TIA!!

Some of mine are

marinated portabello + spinach/ garlic + provolone.
I usually put a slice of provolone on each bread and the shroom and spinach in the middle so the bread doesnt get soggy.

Eggplant parmesan panini breaded eggplant + mozzarella + sauce

On both the above I garlic/ oil the bread

once i did spinach/garlic + grilled asparagus + provolone

I like the spinach/ garlic in my paninies, because it kinda gives a ' moisture' to the sandwich , which works nicely with the crispy bread

my kids like their grilled cheese sandwich made in the panini

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Steak Paninis

Take a relatively inexpensive steak like sirloin. Slice thin and on a bias against the grain so that you have lots of thin strips of meat. Place in a bowl or bag with olive oil, minced garlic, diced onion, and cracked black pepper. Toss to thoroughly coat the meat. Allow to marinate in fridge for 2 – 4 hours.

In a hot skillet, brown the meat till medium rare and remove to a platter. About 4 minutes or so. Stir frequently!

On your bread of choice, butter both sides, and pile on the meat mixture. Top with slices of Swiss. Now cover with another buttered piece of bread (butter both sides). If desired, add garlic powder to the top piece of bread.

Put this into the panini maker and grill until the cheese is melted and bread is browned. Plate, cut in half, and between the halves add chips or fries, and a pickle spear.

I make these often on my George Foreman grill. Wonderful!

Last edited:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
All those sound good. One thing I would do would be to go down to the grocery store and check out their Panini's. Then, copy down what looks good to you and do it at home with your own ingredients. Good way to start out.
I also take inspiration from some of our local restaurants like Panini... Hey I figured if they named it that....

PanchoHambre

I'm simple when it comes to Panini - Prosciutto and Cheese (mozzarella or provelone) that's my favorite maybe some caramelized onions and fresh Basil if I was feeling fancy.

a modified Reuben panini would be yummy too

joec

Gold Site Supporter
A Cuban sandwich is also a panini. Also many good steak sandwiches will work with a panini maker as well as most cheeses.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
If you look up Wolfgang Puck and Food Network and view there recipes for panini you will find a bunch of good sandwiches also.