Grilled Short Rib Sammich

High Cheese

Saucier
Bon Appetite recipe here: http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2...s_with_pickled_caramelized_onions_and_arugula

Mine is the same except I thought it needed a condiment.

Herb & roasted garlic mayo

2 heads of garlic
olive oil
2-3 tablespoons Herbs d Provence
1 1/2 cups mayo
salt and pepper

Cut just the tops of the garlic to just expose the cloves, discard the tops. Drizzle olive oil, and top with herbs and spices. Lightly wrap in foil and roast at 300F for 20-30 minutes

When done, let cool for a bit and squeeze out the cloves into a bowl. Mash them up with a fork and mix in the mayo. Season with salt and pepper and store in the fridge.

You don't have to go crazy with the braising liquid either. Just a basic, rough chop mirepoix, some beef broth and maybe a little red wine is fine. I also seared the meat in a super hot cast iron skillet right before building the sandwich just to get some texture.

shortribsammich.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, man, HC!

You sure do cook and photograph some incredible things!

Lee

Shermie

Site Supporter
Bon Appetite recipe here: http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2...s_with_pickled_caramelized_onions_and_arugula

Mine is the same except I thought it needed a condiment.

Herb & roasted garlic mayo

2 heads of garlic
olive oil
2-3 tablespoons Herbs d Provence
1 1/2 cups mayo
salt and pepper

Cut just the tops of the garlic to just expose the cloves, discard the tops. Drizzle olive oil, and top with herbs and spices. Lightly wrap in foil and roast at 300F for 20-30 minutes

When done, let cool for a bit and squeeze out the cloves into a bowl. Mash them up with a fork and mix in the mayo. Season with salt and pepper and store in the fridge.

You don't have to go crazy with the braising liquid either. Just a basic, rough chop mirepoix, some beef broth and maybe a little red wine is fine. I also seared the meat in a super hot cast iron skillet right before building the sandwich just to get some texture.

shortribsammich.jpg

Dag, that DOES look good, High Cheese!!!:eating2:

Last edited: