What are you doing today?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Had a nice sleep in.. :D
Don't have much planned today (or tomorrow----yes a Friday off!)
Just some errands and shopping downtown.
Trying to decide what to make for dinner later.
It's gorgeous and sunny here in this corner of the Buckeye state.

Paymaster

I am at work but am sitting here thinking I may have to fry up some green tomatoes tonite. My wife loves ripe but it is hard for me not to pull some green ones from the garden and fry them up!:corn:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
got a cab to class, went to see a few instructors & Chef, then 2 the GI doctor.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
met new tenant. snooze- now. packed clothes, got uniform togerher, got my work completed, bagstogether. gotta get a pair of my wellies to the door to slip into. school in 'bot 3.2 hrs. wnooze. i keep getting like im'ma get ill.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I am at work but am sitting here thinking I may have to fry up some green tomatoes tonite. My wife loves ripe but it is hard for me not to pull some green ones from the garden and fry them up!:corn:
Yum!

I have a ton of errands to do this afternoon. That's what I get for putting everything off.....my motto, I'll do it tomorrow.

Leni

I spent the weekend at the community garden. The Cactus and Succulent Society along with my Bromeliad club had a sale and show. Weather was perfect for this outdoor event. Today I'll be spending several hours at Kaiser. Got an appointment for my blood pressure and another for my banged up leg. This is the fourth week and it's still not healed.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
chopped & sliced. sharpened a few of my knives. washed dishes, mopped. swept. lecture. learned new class stuff.

graduation ceremony tonite!~:eat1:

Paymaster

Tying Flies for Salt Water fishermen.

002.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
nothing! i'm taking a breather, so just cooking. maybe studying. maybe visit w/ blake. watching a hallmark movie that actually isn't too cheesy.
(operation cupcake.)
yesterday was rushing about. we went into dormont to visit blake's Grandparents. then we went to the bar. then dahntahn again to get other pix of the furries. then to the bar here.

Mr. Green Jeans

Collecting seed from a wildflower that is abundant at our place, fawn lily. I trade with a native plant grower for stuff like huckleberry that I want to add to our landscape.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Sitting at the public library on one of their computers.
My home pc monitor went black/blank.. I've had the problem in the past and don't recall how I fixed it.
This morning I unplugged everything and waited a while.
The monitor fired up, but it only stays on for like 5 seconds.
:neutral:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Ewww, Sass, I hope it's something minor :lucky:.

Working on a kitchen remodel. I've managed to get the kitchen torn apart so far. I'll be painting the brown cabinets white, replacing the hinges and knobs with brushed nickle. It should brighten up my small kitchen. After the cabinets dry, I plan to tackle the outdated laminate counters. I don't really want to spend a bunch of money because I'm hoping to be able to move in a couple of years so I'm going to try my hand at painting the counters. I bought some Giani Granite Countertop paint. It has had some good reviews so we'll see. I figure if it doesn't work, we'll have to replace them but I'm going to try to go cheap if I can. Hopefully it will all be done in a week or so.

Are you pleased with the outcome on your countertops? I watched a video of the process, and it looks like a pretty big job.

I've got another DIY in process. I'm refinishing an old aquarium stand. First night I removed all the hardware and washed it down real good. Second night I gave it a first coat, and maybe tonight or tomorrow night I'll give it one last coat of paint. Then it's just spraying the hinges/pulls and putting it back together.

I plan on using it in the garage by the door so that I'll have a place to set things down while I unlock the door.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I don't think it is Cooksie.
The monitor itself is 9 years old.. I think it's time has come.
Unless I can find a glitch like I did one other time, I'll be shopping for a new monitor later on this week.
My PC is fairly new.

Waaaaaaaaa.. I won't be able to get on in the evenings from home until then. LOL
Thank goodness I am just a few blocks from the library.. this running back and forth today is nuts.:yum:
Should have taken others advice years ago and bought a laptop as backup. :bonk:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Oh and I'm going to A&W for dinner tonight, and drown my sorrows in a Papa burger, cheese curds and a root beer float. :eat1:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I don't think it is Cooksie.
The monitor itself is 9 years old.. I think it's time has come.
Unless I can find a glitch like I did one other time, I'll be shopping for a new monitor later on this week.
My PC is fairly new.

Waaaaaaaaa.. I won't be able to get on in the evenings from home until then. LOL
Thank goodness I am just a few blocks from the library.. this running back and forth today is nuts.:yum:
Should have taken others advice years ago and bought a laptop as backup. :bonk:

Replaced the dead monitor with a 24" job... :ohmy:
I love it, but am having a time getting the colours adjusted well.
Greens look yellow, reds look black, and blue looks purple. :bonk:
Not knowing that I'd already bought the new monitor, my son Jeff gave me his Dell laptop LOL

In order- dead, new, used laptop.

2012-06-21 13-11-46.712.jpg

2012-06-21 13-10-25.519.jpg

2012-06-21 21-51-05.883.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Just noticed that when there is no natural light in the room (sunlight) the colours on the monitor seemed to have adjusted themselves to normal.
Lots to learn about this thing.. geesh!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
the usual, then a job interview where i took on the nite shift for the 1st half of the interview. then i went dahntahn, then went into the strip district. scrambled home via wellies- i wasn't waiting there for all that time to transfer or waiting for a cab. scary @ nite & my feet hurt!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
the usual, then a job interview where i took on the nite shift for the 1st half of the interview. then i went dahntahn, then went into the strip district. scrambled home via wellies- i wasn't waiting there for all that time to transfer or waiting for a cab. scary @ nite & my feet hurt!
**rubbing Aubrey's tootsies**

hugs my little chickadee!
sounds like you've had quite the day as well!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Ewww, Sass, I hope it's something minor :lucky:.

Are you pleased with the outcome on your countertops? I watched a video of the process, and it looks like a pretty big job.

I've got another DIY in process. I'm refinishing an old aquarium stand. First night I removed all the hardware and washed it down real good. Second night I gave it a first coat, and maybe tonight or tomorrow night I'll give it one last coat of paint. Then it's just spraying the hinges/pulls and putting it back together.

I plan on using it in the garage by the door so that I'll have a place to set things down while I unlock the door.

I'm still working on the cabinets :lol:. Things are going a lot slower than I anticipated. Seems like every time I start a big project, other things happen that need to be taken care of. Hopefully the cabinets will be done this weekend. I think I'll take a few days off before starting the counters. I'll let you know how it works out.