Net Cooking Talk

Go Back   Net Cooking Talk > Food Events , Dining Out, Electronics and NCT Forum Info > Net Cooking Talk General Info Forum

Net Cooking Talk General Info Forum Having trouble posting a picture, or getting around the forums, ask about it here.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Chief Bottle Washer / Admin

Doc is on a distinguished road
Default How to create a new thread and or add a picture to your post

New members have asked "How do I post a question?" and "How do I add a picture?".

Well, I'm finally getting around to writing up some general directions. Feel free to add to my answer as that will help a wider range of our audience be able to make sense of how to create a new thread (aka discussion topic / aka how to post a question).

1st click on the logo at the top left of the screen (Net Cooking Talk), this will list the forum front page and show all the forums.

2nd look down over the list of forums and pick the one that fits your questions topic best. Don't fret, if you put it in the wrong forum we can move it for you later, so just take your best guess and click on that forum name.

3rd Once you've clicked on the forum name in step 2 look near the top left, under the logo and ribbon bar you'll see a "New Thread" button. Click that button and it will take you to an editor.

4th. Type up your question in the editor box.

5th. If you want to add a picture scroll down below the submit post button and look for the manage attachments button. Click it, and a small pop-up window will appear. Click browse to go to the picture on your computer, and hit the upload button. Wait until the "Uploading Pictures, Please wait" goes away. You'll also know it's done when your picture is listed in the "Current Attachments" section on the pop-up page. Once the pics have uploaded, close the pop-up window.

6th, Now you are back to your original post and the pictures have been attached to that post, just hit submit button and your new thread will be created. (If needed you can review and modify the text of your post anytime before hitting the submit button.)

Dat's it. Once posted you will have 60 minutes to modify / edit your post.

Other Fun Forums:
Forums Forums .com +++ Net Tractor Talk Forums +++ Net Pet Talk Forums +++