Is my blender not that good ?

chocolate moose

Super Site Supporter
I've had my share of blenders over the years. Somehow, they just don't seem to be able to take the abuse I give out. hehehe

Right now I have the sort of blender that's mainly for crushing ice and making mixed drinks. I got it at a discount store and it's great for that. Even comes with a spout so you can serve without moving the appliance.

But - and it's a big but - when I want to make cheesecake or grind other such kinds of food - like herbs for pesto - the food mainly clogs the bottom of the machine and doesn't mix/grind.

Ditto for my Magic Bullet type blender.

Anyone ? Is a blender just not "all that"?

Thanks.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Maybe you need a food processor? I have a Cuisinart that works great for all kinds of things.

chilefarmer

I think Mama got you covered, food processor, but don't do ice in it, it dulls the blades. yeah, I learned that on my own. CF

Lefty

Yank
I have a blender I love. I can't remember the brand (I'm at work) I did a search for commercial blender at amazon and we found one for 70$ range. It has three switch postions, off, pulse and on. When I turn it on, it feels like its going to yank the counter out from under me. I have used it for 3-4 years now and made ice drinks, pestos and never had a problem. I will post back the brand when I get home.

valen

I think this is a wattage issue on Electricity. Try to check it in the box or follow the instructions properly.