Independence Day 2012! Whatcha havin?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Country style ribs' potato salad, baked beans, corn on the cob and blackberry cobbler...pictures to come....

Whatchya'll havin?

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
BBQ Brats, Hamburgers, and hot dogs. Corn on the cob- Potato Salad, Coleslaw, Chocolate Pie.
Neighbor is bringing some kind of cookies. Apricots/Plums off our tree's.
Perfect day in the San Francisco Bay area. 73 degree's 2:30 pm. Nice Breeze.
Check this utube out. Shucking Corn ftoo Easy.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnBF6bv4Oe4[/ame]

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Ribs, macaroni salad, baked beans, corn on the cob and apple pie.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Mama - To hot to cook, all I want is steak or ham, eggs etc breakfast (nothing else appeals to me at the moment) and a family of poopy heads! I think we will take a drive and decide. 1 DD is refusing to go out for any reason. I would be happy wth IHOP.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Sorry to hear that Peepers. It's cooled off considerably here. It only got up to 95° today and then we had some afternoon thunderstorms pop-up so it's cooled off to a comfortable 84° now...sure beats the 110° we had over the weekend.

Here's our dinner and dessert:

Attachments

• dinner07-04-2012.jpg
    dinner07-04-2012.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 215
  • blackberry-cobbler.jpg
    blackberry-cobbler.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 164

Lefty

Yank
I rarely remember to take pics of what I cook, today I made an exception. The funny part is that, that is what makes me like this site so much, the pictures. Attached is a big side of cow that my 2 dogs helped me knock down.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 136
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 150
  • Dogs 043.jpg
    Dogs 043.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 139

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
OH MAMA!! YUMMY!!

Wow Lefty YUM. Cute dogs with their lovies! LOL

Longhorn Steakhouse - strip steak, baked w/sour cream and butter, asparagus w/ butter and parm shavings, salad w/blue cheese dressing (took 1/2 of everything but the salad home), shared molten lava cake w/vanilla ice cream w/ the girls and hub. Had ice water and unsweet tea w/pomegranate syrup to drink.

Timed it just right to watch the NYC fireworks over the hudson from a high road.

Last edited:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Nice Lefty! You're helpers are cuties!

Thanks Peepers!

I love Longhorn...sounds like a wonderful dinner and a great time!

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
That all sounds and looks terrific! Alas I just made chicken soup. Nothing special.
And BTW thats a GREAT video on shucking corn!!! :chef:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Grilled hot dogs and burgers.
My BIL and nephew made those.
I made Joe's potato salad.
We also had baked beans and chips, two of my nieces provided desserts.
One patriotic cake from the store and vanilla wafer banana pudding.

It started to rain during the fireworks and there were storms popping up east and heading south down toward where Doc is and in PA.

It was a good day, but I didn't eat much.
Just one dog, some of the tater salad (the bowl was scraped clean Joe, they loved it).
I had a scoop of the banana pudding.

The extreme heat put a bit of a damper on the day, but it was enjoyable while it lasted.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
chix, homefries/veggies....... he put scotch bonnets in 'em! i was like, 'babe, these ain't mild chiles.' cluttered in my pic- yes. i was sorting my stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_0705389.jpg
    IMG_0705389.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 123

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry to hear that Peepers. It's cooled off considerably here. It only got up to 95° today and then we had some afternoon thunderstorms pop-up so it's cooled off to a comfortable 84° now...sure beats the 110° we had over the weekend.

Here's our dinner and dessert:

attachment.php

Absolutely Beautiful Mama!