Leftover Magic - What have you created???

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
I like using leftovers. And not just reheating them and eating them. But using them to create a whole new dish.

Which got me to thinking about this thread.... share with us what you have created with some common leftovers!

For instance, Saturday night I roasted a turkey breast with season salt, pepper, and italian herbs. It was yummy!

The next day, wanting to use some of the left over turkey, I diced some turkey up and had it in an omelet with cheddar cheese, minced jalapeno's diced tomatos, and cilantro.... it was great! (But come to think of it, I should have used swiss cheese!)

Share your creative recipes with leftovers!!!! :chef:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
When ever I left over meat I will dice it up with some left over rice and peas. Add a little ginger, an egg some sesame oil and soy sauce and make fried rice. Fried rice requires that the rice be cooked at least a day before making it too so it works out well.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
I got some left over rice, turkey, green beans, wonder what kind of meal that would make???

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I got some left over rice, turkey, green beans, wonder what kind of meal that would make???

Slice up the turkey into small bit size cube and if you have any perhaps mix it with a bit of Hoysin sauce (Asian BBQ sauce), cut up the green beans in place of the peas and try this.

Fried rice
6 cups cold cooked white rice (or what ever you have)
2 eggs (or 1 if less rice)
1/2c slivered country-style ham or diced Chinese sausage (Turkey with Hoysin sauce)
4 scallions, green and white parts, cut in 1/2 inch lengths
1/2c frozen peas, thawed and drained (anything green works well)
soy sauce
sesame oil
oyster sauce
peanut oil

Beat the eggs with 1 tsp each soy sauce and sesame oil. Heat 1/2TB oil in a wok, swirling to coat the sides. Add the eggs and swirl to form a "pancake" that is 8-10 inches in diameter. When set, remove to a plate. Wipe out the wok and heat another 1/2 TB of oil. Stir fry the ham or sausage for 30 seconds or so, then remove. Add 4 TB oil to the wok and heat over medium heat. Add the rice and stir continuously, breaking up clumps and exposing all the rice to the hot oil. This will take about 5 minutes. Add the peas and scallions and stir fry for another couple of minutes. Add the ham, eggs, and 2TB each soy sauce and oyster sauce, and stir thoroughly, breaking up the eggs. Check for salt and serve.