Chicken Piccata

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Got this easy piccata recipe out of a magazine (I edited it a little).

A keeper!

Chicken was moist and wonderful, and the sauce was superior!

And MY picture looked as good as the one in the magazine! :D

Lee

Chicken Piccata
2 or 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half and pounded into cutlets
Salt and pepper
Flour
Veg oil
¼ cup white wine
1-2 garlic cloves
½ cup chicken broth
2 T lemon juice
1 T. drained capers
2 T. butter
Fresh lemon slices
Chopped fresh parsley

Season cutlets with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour. Heat oil over med-high heat. Saute cutlets 2-3 minutes, flip, and saute the other side, 2-3 minutes, or until golden. Transfer cutlets to warm plate.
Deglaze pan with wine, add garlic and cook until wine is almost evaporated. Add broth, lemon juice and capers. Add butter.
Return cutlets to the pan, top with lemon slices, and heat to warm, about a minute.
Garnish with chopped parsley

Attachments

• Chicken Piccata.JPG
    Chicken Piccata.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 231

Shermie

Site Supporter
I think that I'm going to try this, but I'm going to add a little bit of wine to kind of spike it up a little, and I'll have some pasta with it!! :weber:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Had a hankering for this tonight and it did not disappoint! :readytoeat:

Lee

Attachments

• chicken piccata.JPG
    chicken piccata.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 162
  • cicken picatta plated.JPG
    cicken picatta plated.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 167

Johnny West

Thanks! I saved it and will certainly do this dish. I'll be going for springers in a couple of weeks and hope I have decent luck.

alexandradarex

Got this easy piccata recipe out of a magazine (I edited it a little).

A keeper!

Chicken was moist and wonderful, and the sauce was superior!

And MY picture looked as good as the one in the magazine! :D

Lee

Chicken Piccata
2 or 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half and pounded into cutlets
Salt and pepper
Flour
Veg oil
¼ cup white wine
1-2 garlic cloves
½ cup chicken broth
2 T lemon juice
1 T. drained capers
2 T. butter
Fresh lemon slices
Chopped fresh parsley

Season cutlets with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour.Heat oil over med-high heat.Saute cutlets 2-3 minutes, flip, and saute the other side, 2-3 minutes, or until golden.Transfer cutlets to warm plate.
Deglaze pan with wine, add garlic and cook until wine is almost evaporated.Add broth, lemon juice and capers.Add butter.
Return cutlets to the pan, top with lemon slices, and heat to warm, about a minute.
Garnish with chopped parsley
I love chicken piccata. I use this technique as a base for the ingredients. I scour the crushed chicken in the flour but only partly cook it in a very big pane on both sides and then place the chicken in a roasting dish. I increase extra butter and sprinkling extra flour in the pan, making a roux, and then adding chicken broth, wine and lemon squash. Throw in the capers and parsley, and enough salt and pepper. And once it has heated down a bit, pour overhead the chicken and temperature for about 20 minutes at 375 degrees.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Alexandra, roasting 20 more minutes at 375 doesn't overcook the chicken after you've browned it?

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
John! I just saw this on Facebook! Salmon Piccata!

Hope this link works, but if not, the recipe is on Café Delites.

https://cafedelites.com/2017/04/05/creamy-lemon-garlic-salmon-piccata/

Lee

I was just looking at recipes the other day for Salmon Piccata. I think that would be a great combo...the lemony sauce and the tangy bite of the capers on the salmon.

I ended up using Ina's recipe for Asian grilled salmon. It was pretty good but a little salty for me.