Have some leftover corn on/off the cob?

2 cooked corn cobs w/corn taken off
2 zucchini cut into 1/4 inch slices & the rounds cut in half
1/2 chopped onion
2 Tbsp of olive oil
1 Tbsp butter
salt/pepper
Cayenne powder to taste (optional)

In a 12 inch coated skillet, warm olive oil & butter until just melted. Add in corn kernels & zucchini, coat w/ oil and let cook to caramelize. Add in onions on top and leave them to "melt" into the vegetables and stir. When veg's are softening, add salt/pepper/cayenne. Continue to stir fry until all vegetables are browned & carmelized.

This is a great way to use up your leftovers yet it still tastes fresh :corn:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Nuce recipe.

I put corn in my pancakes or waffles (with or without bacon also added).

Leni

I'll deep fry drop biscuits with the leftover corn. Add real maple syrup and it's a treat.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Rare to have leftover corn on the cob around here. Our Macaws and parrots love a small chunk of an ear to chew on.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Rare to have leftover corn on the cob around here. Our Macaws and parrots love a small chunk of an ear to chew on.

Last year my brother had someone get him try day old corn on the cob cold. He liked it and told me about it. I agreed. Cold corn on the cob is awesome. I have two ears in the fridge now just waiting to go along with dinner or lunch today.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
In chili, tacos, taco salad.
Mixed with pimento/bell pepper/sugar and vinegar, then served over cottage cheese.
Fried in a skillet of bacon drippings til it turns brown, then sprinkle with sugar.