NCT's Iron Chef 15: Battle Ribs

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
For Iron Chef 15, the secret ingredient is……..

Ribs (any kind, any cut, any animal)

As with the other ICs, this is a challenge to ourselves. There is no judging, and no winner. We are ALL winners in this since we will all benefit from the creativity and new recipes that this challenge will bring us.

The rules are simple, make any kind of dish you want, however you want. Drink, Appetizer, Main Course, Dessert, etc. The only stipulation is that you must use Ribs in some way in the dish.

Once your dish is ready, it’s a good idea to make a new post with your recipe. Then, post a link and a picture of your recipe to this thread. Alternatively, if you like, post your recipe and pictures here. In the end, we will compile all the results into one thread for easy searching.

Now, let Battle Ribs begin!

2bb9t3.jpg

FooD

Good timing. I was just at Sam's Club on Sat and got some short ribs. Hope they come out good this time. The last time I made these my wife labeled them as FAIL.

chowhound

HAH! Bad timing for me.
I just fixed short ribs and babybacks yesterday. I doubt I'll fix ribs again for a couple weeks.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I agree with homecook - just post the pictures - they looked darned good.

chowhound

Hey chow........just post your same pics. Others have done it. You just made them yesterday!

They have?
I asked during the pizza one if I could post the tort pizza I made the week before and never got a response. I took that to mean no :sad:

Ahhh, you guys no where they're posted :wink:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
True. Chow made those on Sunday which is when IC15 started, so I say it's fair enough to go ahead and post them. Just write up a little recipe for us telling us about your rub, cook time, etc. :thumb:

homecook

They have?

If you look back a couple weeks there were a couple people that said they couldn't make a certain thing during that week and posted the dish they had made previously.......don't make me go look them up........please! :ermm:

It's ok, chow........we all agree you can post it. :thumb:

Yes, a recipe is in order to qualify. :wink:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
i would have thought someone would have posted already. :chef:
i can't wait.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
HAH! Bad timing for me.
I just fixed short ribs and babybacks yesterday. I doubt I'll fix ribs again for a couple weeks.

It seems that way with so many challenges lately, doesn't it??!! I agree with everyone else, go ahead and repost the pictures here.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
If you look back a couple weeks there were a couple people that said they couldn't make a certain thing during that week and posted the dish they had made previously.......don't make me go look them up........please! :ermm:

It's ok, chow........we all agree you can post it. :thumb:

Yes, a recipe is in order to qualify. :wink:

What happens if you're disqualified? :w00t:

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Well------------- We have aour fair share of "Ribbers", so I was just gonna let this week slide............till I stumbled into the Meat Monger and saw THIS little Gem !!

Now, as usual, What do I do with it ??
Verablue ??

Prime Rib Roast- 3 Lb.

372415290.jpg

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
LT this is just how i would cook that fine looking beef

season with S&P, maybe some steak spice

sear, finish off in a high heat oven until medium rare, slice & serve with some au jus, maybe some horseradish and possibly some yorkshire pudding

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Well------------- We have aour fair share of "Ribbers", so I was just gonna let this week slide............till I stumbled into the Meat Monger and saw THIS little Gem !!

Now, as usual, What do I do with it ??
Verablue ??

Prime Rib Roast- 3 Lb.

372415290.jpg

You are NOT going to stuff it...you are going to rub that thing with chopped garlic, S&P, lemon zest and dry herbs. Then, tomorrow, you are going to sear it on all sides and finish it in the oven at 300 degrees until the meat reads about 140....After you sear it, saute some shallots, onions, garlic and mushrooms in the pan, then deglaze it. Put that through a food processor for a gravy.
Please serve it with gnocchi..please.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
oh..and the bone...Please, if you are not going to gnaw on it, please send it to me.:bounce::brows::bounce:

FooD

I plan on bbq'ing some REAL short ribs this weekend...:p

But in the meantime I grilled these thin sliced oriental style beef short ribs on the hibachi last night so I figured I'd post them here.
I marinated them in Yoshida's marinade for about 4 hours before putting them on the grill. Seared them for several minutes, turning them often.

P1030843.jpg

P1030852.jpg

P1030871.jpg

P1030874.jpg