"Declaration of Emergency"

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
NCT Breaking News

Mexico warns no kissing as 81 dead in swine flu outbreak
The WHO advised all countries to be on the lookout for "unusual" outbreaks of flu, following an emergency meeting Saturday as the seriousness of the outbreak became clear.
By Sunday, 81 deaths had been deemed "likely linked" to a deadly new strain of the virus by health authorities in Mexico. Viral testing has confirmed 20 cases, said Dr. Jose A. Cordova Villalobos, Mexico's health secretary.
In Mexico City, the massive downtown Cathedral of Mexico City was open but Masses were not scheduled. Dozens of worshippers put on masks and went inside the church anyway to pray on their own.

The H1N1 strain of swine flu is usually associated with pigs. When the flu spreads person-to-person, instead of from animals to humans, it can continue to mutate, making it a tougher strain that is harder to treat or fight off.
Symptoms of swine flu include fever, lethargy, lack of appetite, coughing, runny nose, sore throat, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, according to the CDC.
interactive.gif
Learn more about swine flu and how to treat it »

CONTINUED: http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/04/26/swine.flu/index.html

Wasabi

Why oh why don't they shut the borders down for now? This morning's update said if you travel to Mexico, make sure to wash your hands often...........WTF? This is very scary and it's going to get worst before it gets better.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Why oh why don't they shut the borders down for now? This morning's update said if you travel to Mexico, make sure to wash your hands often...........WTF? This is very scary and it's going to get worst before it gets better.

Too late for us. It's already in Texas. Uh oh, are they gonna close us off now?? ROFLMAO!!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
There hasn't been a serious pandemic since the 1918 flu epidemic. It is easy to get panicked, but it pays to remember several things. First, countries that don't have reliable, clean water and that have a large percentage of the population that lives at or below the poverty level will always suffer most. Poor sanitation, crowded living conditions, poor access to clean water and adequate nutrition, and poor access to medical care and medicines all contribute to higher death rates.

That said, I'm watching my family carefully and will put them to bed instantly if they begin to get sick.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
I'd be more concerned if I lived down south.
I trust that the government will get a handle on this, and that it'll be contained at some point.

yeah, no worries for you, we will be the guinea pigs to keep it away from you yanks:whistling:

:yum::yum::kiss:

Deadly Sushi

I trust that the government will get a handle on this, and that it'll be contained at some point.

Just like they did with the ILLEGAL immigrants! Did a GREAT job catching THOSE folks :glare: Now we are talking about something INSIDE those folks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deadly Sushi

oh NOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Fishers Mom and I kissed yesterday and she is from TEXAS!!!!!!!! :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Attachments

• sqkcggnk.png
    sqkcggnk.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 105

Deadly Sushi

We're preparing in an environment where we really don't know ultimately what the size of seriousness of this outbreak is going to be."

We are all DOOMED!!!!!!

Attachments

• whee.gif
    whee.gif
    4.5 KB · Views: 107