Who likes oysters on the half-shell?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My father and my friend, Babs, LOVE them! With cocktail sauce, horseradish and lemon.

Especially when they are only $1 each.

I can't get myself to try one, but I go with them as they follow the dollar oysters!

Lee

Attachments

• Mac's oysters 1.JPG
    Mac's oysters 1.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 215
  • Mac's oysters and Dad.JPG
    Mac's oysters and Dad.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 202
  • Dad and oysters at Mill Wharf.JPG
    Dad and oysters at Mill Wharf.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 206
  • Orleans, Somerville 8-14 1.JPG
    Orleans, Somerville 8-14 1.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 216
  • Orleans, Somerville 8-14 2.JPG
    Orleans, Somerville 8-14 2.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 204
  • Orleans, Somerville 8-14 3.JPG
    Orleans, Somerville 8-14 3.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 206

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
luv 'em! citrus & that's enough, & a 'lil salt, if they lack a briny hint to them.

(i could not get my Mom to have one, during 1 lunch- {sometimes, i swear, i'm adopted, we vary so in food orders; i persuaded blake very easily @ dinner, tho-- he saw me gulping 'em, & then took 1 or 2. he was kinda into them})

Attachments

• myappy.jpg
    myappy.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Ummmmm - Yes please, more please.

Many years ago, I was a member of an Ambulance squad. We had a booth at the town fair. I volunteered, not kn owing what I was in for. I got put to work shucking clams. That started me off on raw shellfish. I have not shucked oysters. I do take every opportunity to enjoy them.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I love them too, especially on a bed of ice like luvs' pic. We didn't have much money when I was growing up, but that was one of the treats that my whole family looked forward to. My dad would go down when they were in season and buy a gallon of freshly shucked oysters. They came in a can that looked just like a gallon of paint. Some were eaten raw but most got fried...a true feast!!

Lefty

Yank
Love em' too. Haven't had them in a long time. Now look what you did to me. :idea: Now I have to find an oyster bar.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Especially when they are only $1 each.

I can't get myself to try one, but I go with them as they follow the dollar oysters!

Lee

A buck each - jeesh. I remember paying $1.25 a dozen in Pensacola when I was in flight school (1968).

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
A buck each - jeesh. I remember paying $1.25 a dozen in Pensacola when I was in flight school (1968).
7 Crown was $1.55 a half gallon at the BX in Turkey in '69 too. LMAO Smokes were $.25 a pack.

Love oyster on the half shell, deep fried & Rockefeller as well.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i bought 6 recently. so glad i saw this again. i also got frog & alligator. may may have gotten clam, too.

K

Kimchee

Love them. Can't find a place here in southern IN that I can afford. Back in NC, there was a restaurant that sold half pecks for $18.00 or so.
They had a Screaming Rooster... saltine, thick layer of hot horseradish, raw oyster, slice of jalapeno, slathered in hot sauce and fresh ground pepper. Eat three and you got a free t-shirt.
I got a lot of t-shirts. :)
Damn I miss that place.

Johnny West

I've got a lot of oyster pictures. These are from Araxi in Whistler. The bar had them CN$18 a dozen during happy hour. I miss them.

IMG_0811.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good price, great photo!

And thanks for posting the oyster shooters photo in another thread, Johnny. Satisfied my curiosity.

Lee