"French Toast" storm comin'

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
12-to-14 inches.............. first time in a long, long time when we got TWO nor'easter's in the same winter...........:ohmy:

What is a "French Toast" storm, you might ask ??

It's one where you need to go right now and buy bread, milk, eggs..........

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I feel for you folks in the NE. It looks like another bad one with as much as two feet expected in the DC/Philly area. :sun3:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
12-to-14 inches.............. first time in a long, long time when we got TWO nor'easter's in the same winter...........:ohmy:

What is a "French Toast" storm, you might ask ??

It's one where you need to go right now and buy bread, milk, eggs..........

Damn global warming...:oops:

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
:pee_smilie:....snowed all night; we've got about ten " on the ground, and it's expected to snow steadily till 7:00 tonight, with some cells dropping 1 1/2" per hour.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Lucky, this is so weird!

I woke up this morning, saw that I was out of bran flakes, so I made a couple of slices of French toast. I NEVER make French toast! Probably the last time I had it was 25 or 30 years ago! I do like it, but I never, ever think of it!

Then I opened up this thread because of the title, and realized that I'd read it last night before going to sleep, then FORGOT ALL ABOUT IT!!

Well, I think that's odd, anyway. LOL!

Good luck, you guys in the mid-Atlantic! Stay safe, and whip up some French toast!

Lee

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Good Morning Everyone

Saturday morning New Jersey report.

No snow, No rain, nothing!

I am not saying that to make trouble. I have always believed that we get one big Zappo snow storm her in NJ and it marks the end of winter. IO was hopin for that to happen as I am ready to be done with winter. AI still believe it is coming.

Lucky - You inspired me to French Toast for B'Fast. Probably tomorrow. No Maple Syrup today.

Best to all of you. I hope the snow is manageable and no one gets hurt. I hope you all get to watch it with a friend and enjoy the winter show,

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Qsis :

Are you getting any of this up your way ??

Just a couple of lazy flakes that look pretty blowing around, that's it.

The Boston weather people are all bouncing up and down about how we dodged the bullet this time.

Lee

Deelady

Lucky, this is so weird!

I woke up this morning, saw that I was out of bran flakes, so I made a couple of slices of French toast. I NEVER make French toast! Probably the last time I had it was 25 or 30 years ago! I do like it, but I never, ever think of it!

Then I opened up this thread because of the title, and realized that I'd read it last night before going to sleep, then FORGOT ALL ABOUT IT!!

Well, I think that's odd, anyway. LOL!

Good luck, you guys in the mid-Atlantic! Stay safe, and whip up some French toast!

Lee

LOL So did I Lee :D and now I'm reading this thread......pretty errie!

We got about 12 inches last night and are expecting more today......
Stay warm everyone!

Wart

Banned

Funny you mention that ... It was 15 degrees or so above normal here a week or so ago ... :oops:!

Far be it for me to draw far ranging conclusions from instantaneous and momentary phenomena. 2x :oops:!

:mrgreen:

Newnork1978

Ya'll are making me feel guilty...it's beautiful, sunny and in the high 50's here today. I wish we had more winter-like weather, but I don't think I'd ever want THAT much snow in such a short period of time.

Be safe, ya'll, and keep warm! :huh:

GotGarlic

Must I? :wink: Yes, I'm married to a geologist/Earth science teacher. GW is correctly called climate change because the temperature increases will result in different and more severe weather patterns - not uniform warming throughout the world. In fact, while much of the U.S. is experiencing record snowfall in odd places, Australia suffered record heat last summer (a year ago) and unprecedented firestorms.

:sorry: couldn't help myself. Going to take pix of the new-fallen snow now. Two weekends of snow in a row has never happened since I moved here in 1985.

Last edited:

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Funny you mention that ... It was 15 degrees or so above normal here a week or so ago ... :oops:!

Far be it for me to draw far ranging conclusions from instantaneous and momentary phenomena. 2x :oops:!

:mrgreen:

WE WERE AT 61 DEGREES TUESDAY................:whistle:
WE WERE AT 19 DEGREES ON THURSDAY...............:blush:
THE SNOW HAS STOPPED ---- 20 INCHES...........

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
So Lee - did you read the thread about how everyone here at NCT is going to send me some of their best baked goods?

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
After a pause of about an hour, we got another 7 1/2 inches or so yesterday..............
it's a beautiful, clear, sunny day today !

phreak

Must I? :wink: Yes, I'm married to a geologist/Earth science teacher. GW is correctly called climate change because the temperature increases will result in different and more severe weather patterns - not uniform warming throughout the world. In fact, while much of the U.S. is experiencing record snowfall in odd places, Australia suffered record heat last summer (a year ago) and unprecedented firestorms.

:sorry: couldn't help myself. Going to take pix of the new-fallen snow now. Two weekends of snow in a row has never happened since I moved here in 1985.

January 2010= warmest Jan in 32 year satellite based data records.

http://www.drroyspencer.com/2010/02/january-2010-uah-global-temperature-update-0-72-deg-c/

http://www.salon.com/news/global_warming/index.html?story=/tech/htww/2010/02/05/a_very_hot_january

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
here we go again !!
12 to 18 inches predicted for overnight into tomorrow night..........

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
We lost power at 6:00 am yesterday, and it was out most of the day.........

Yesterday's 20 + inches brings us to a record setting total of 71 inches since the New Year...............

Cooksie

Site Supporter
:mrgreen: It's actually snowing here in East Texas, which is a rarity. I don't think we're going to need snow shovels though. It's just a light dusting right now. Sure is pretty.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I keep looking for some here too, Cooksie, but I don't think we'll get any. It's been drizzling all day but not cold enough for sleet or snow.

Take some pictures if it sticks long enough!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
This was taken earlier this afternoon. It's been lightly snowing all day....unbelievable. I hope you get a little FM. Your son would love it!

IMG_1018.jpg

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
We got 10" of SNOW!! For once, no ice, all snow. It wasn't fun driving in yesterday, but, sure is purdy!!
100_3643.jpg

100_3648.jpg

100_3626.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Here's what it looked like this morning:

IMG_1068.jpg

As usual, we lost cable service. I was just glad it didn't knock out the electricity.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
6 inches on the ground and still coming down on the southside of Atlanta. It's supposed to snow for another couple of hours. They say it's going to warm up to 38 tomorrow...just enough to melt some of it and then the temperature is going to drop back down below freezing tomorrow night so we ought to have quite an ice skating rink here. There's a second storm coming in on Monday :ohmy:

Attachments

• snow1.jpg
    snow1.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 64
  • snow2.jpg
    snow2.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 61
  • snow3.jpg
    snow3.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 62

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Look at all these beautiful snow pictures!! It really looks like a wonderland! I know so many of y'all have had way too much of it and it's wreaking havoc, but it's still breathtaking. Thanks so much to everyone who's taken pics and posted them.