Ew, Jerseyians look what I see

Calicolady

festival2011.jpg

All proceeds benefit St. Bartholomew the Apostle Church and Academy
and the Scotch Plains UNICO organization.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! Please fill out the volunteer form HERE.

2011 Italian Festival Schedule

Perhaps the best kept secret in NJ is the traditional Annual Labor Day Italian Feast in Scotch Plains, NJ. Hosted by the Scotch Plains-Fanwood Chapter of UNICO, St. Bartholomew's Church and St. Bartholomew's Academy, the festival has been an annual tradition honoring San Nicola di Bari, the patron saint of the town of Montazzoli, Italy since 1974.

The feast is truly a great family event and has something for everyone to enjoy. There is nightly live music, rides, games, and great food including favorites like pizza, pasta, zeppoles, clams, mussels, and calzones. In addition, there are nightly 50/50 drawings and a super 50/50 raffle on Monday.

The feast hours are from 4:30 to 10:30 and the nightly schedule is as follows:
St. Bartholomew the Apostle Parish

2032 Westfield Avenue
Scotch Plains, N.J. 07076
Tel: 908-322-5192 | Fax: 908-322-2598
Contact Us

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looks good to me, Calico!

Boston's Italian North End has a feast to honor a different saint each weekend in August. Much of the same stuff is vended. My favorite is aroncini (rice balls stuffed with peas, ham and cheese, covered with tomato sauce, or "gravy" as the Italians would say and some parm cheese).

Always great food, good prices, a parade with a statue of a saint where you pin dollar bills on her/his gown, games, music, singers ... it's fun during the early evening hours, but later on Friday and Saturday nights, after dark, it's packed like sardines!

Lee

Attachments

• Feast of St. Aggripina, approaching.JPG
    Feast of St. Aggripina, approaching.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Feast of St. Aggripina, front.JPG
    Feast of St. Aggripina, front.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Arroncini, North End feast.JPG
    Arroncini, North End feast.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 17

Calicolady

Oh, do I miss all the festivals (foods)up there: St Rocco, Gennero, the 4th & Memorial Day down the (Jersey) shore @ Asbury Pk.
Who's the money bags Saint in the pic, Qsis?

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Oh! I love arancini!

The first time I ever had it was at Red Gravy, and Vera taught me to make them. They are my new favorite Italian food.