1 red bell pepper, chopped
3 T olive oil
4 TB flour
1 cup milk
1 cup chicken broth
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
3 cups cooked chicken, shredded or dice
1 cup cheddar, jack, or pepper jack cheese (or combo)
3/4 cup cheese of choice
3/4 crushed tortilla chips

Oven 350
Cook tortellini according to package, drain. Meanwhile cook onion and bell pepper in 1 TB oil. Remove from pan, set aside.
Heat 3 TB olive oil over med high heat.... add flour and cook a minute to make a roux. Whisk in milk and broth, add cumin and salt, cook and stir til bubbly. Remove from heat, stir in 1 cup cheese.
Combine cooked chicken, tortellini and veggies w/ cheese sauce, pour into greased 9x13 baking dish. Cover, cook 30 minor until bubbly. Add crushed chips and 3/4 cups cheese to top, return to oven, uncovered, bake until cheese is melted, about 5 min.
EAT! :)

Attachments

• IMG_3086.jpg
    IMG_3086.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 166

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, HAPPY HAPPY DAY!!!!

I have ALL of the stuff for that, and QBro has the day off tomorrow, so he can make it!

Looks great, suzi!

Lee

suziquzie

:) thanks

you can use fresh broccoli too and just cook it w the onion and pepper but I dont usually have that around when I decide on a casserole last minute :)

chowhound

That looks great, Suzi.
I've got everything I need to make it, too. Including some shredded chicken in the freezer. Great use for tortilla chips.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
QBro made this yesterday and it was a HUGE hit!

He used pepper asiago and shredded cheddar, didn't have any tortilla chips, so topped the casserole with bread crumbs, fresh tomatoes and basil from the garden.

It makes a lot, so we gave half to our neighbors whose brother died yesterday. Even THEY ate the whole container and loved it!

This is a keeper, Suzi! Thanks!

Lee

tortellinicasserole.jpg

tortellinicasseroleclos.jpg