Grilled Fresh King Salmon on a Cedar Plank

Ross in Ventura

A little over a pound of King Salmon.

Cedar plank soaked in water with butter on the top.

Seasoned with Dizzy Pig Raging River Rub and Chipotle Rub

On the Grill @450* with dome closed.

Pulled @ 20-min.

Served with Mac and Cheese, and Saute Brussels Sprouts. The Salmon was cooked just right and wonderful after this I well always soak the Cedar in
White Wine.

Thanks for lookin

Ross

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
that looks jummy. first time I've seen the 'butter the plank' trick - make a big diff?

I've been forced into wild caught but frozen USA silver/coho filets. having a little trouble with my cooking times. seems the freezing makes the salmon dry faster and I've overcooked it twice now; really steamed at me....

would love to try the grill but around here if you Ventura outside, you need snow shoes. will charcoal burn in single digit temps...?

Ross in Ventura

that looks jummy. first time I've seen the 'butter the plank' trick - make a big diff?

I've been forced into wild caught but frozen USA silver/coho filets. having a little trouble with my cooking times. seems the freezing makes the salmon dry faster and I've overcooked it twice now; really steamed at me....

would love to try the grill but around here if you Ventura outside, you need snow shoes. will charcoal burn in single digit temps...?
Yes it does and soaking the plank in cheep white wine helps as well
Ross

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looks wonderful, as usual, Ross!

I like that you cut the salmon into 2 pieces, lengthwise - increases the surface where the smoke penetrates.

Hey, if you're not using your salt block anymore, can I have it???? ;)

Lee

Ross in Ventura

Looks wonderful, as usual, Ross!

I like that you cut the salmon into 2 pieces, lengthwise - increases the surface where the smoke penetrates.

Hey, if you're not using your salt block anymore, can I have it???? ;)

Lee

Lee it broke in two I have to get a new one. I'm glad you liked the post.

Ross

Johnny West

I've never heard of putting butter on the plank and will try it once.

Does white wine impart any flavour on the salmon? By the time it has butter, herbs, and smoke form the cedar and alder chips I use I'm not sure what will shine through.

Ross in Ventura

I've never heard of putting butter on the plank and will try it once.

Does white wine impart any flavour on the salmon? By the time it has butter, herbs, and smoke form the cedar and alder chips I use I'm not sure what will shine through.
I like the way I grill it! Try it
Ross