Grilled Fresh Local Halibut

Ross in Ventura

Our neighbors son caught some Halibut off the coast of Ventura and gave Jackie and me some to grill.

Seasoned with Dizzy Pig Raging River seasoning, Chipotle, and Dill Weed. Lemon.

On the Grill Grates @375* direct.

Four minutes a side.

Served with Swiss Chard that Jackie saute. The fresh Halibut was wonderful as well as the Swiss Chard.

Thanks for look-in!

Ross

Johnny West

That looks great Ross. I've not thought of grilling halibut and usually dust with cornmeal and pan fry in peanut oil for fish and chips. I'll give your treatment a shot.

I've got some tuna loins to do tomorrow night. Fresh tuna is in all the stores at present. I'd like to go but a trip is $500 plus.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looks luscious, Ross!

You do love your Dizzy Pig rubs, don't you? Have you ever met Chris Capell, the founder of Dizzy Pig? That was/is? the name of his competition barbecue team.

One of the nicest guys I've ever met!

I had a great photo of Chris and his teammates at a competition site where my brother and I were competing next to them. Can't find the photo.

Here's a picture of Chris (on the left) with one of his teammates, Woo Doggie, and a slab of brisket at a competition.

Lee

Attachments

• 21ChrisWooBrisket1.jpg
    21ChrisWooBrisket1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Ross in Ventura

That looks great Ross. I've not thought of grilling halibut and usually dust with cornmeal and pan fry in peanut oil for fish and chips. I'll give your treatment a shot.

I've got some tuna loins to do tomorrow night. Fresh tuna is in all the stores at present. I'd like to go but a trip is $500 plus.

Thanks Johnny, there's nothing wrong with Fresh Tuna just do not over grill

Ross

Ross in Ventura

Looks luscious, Ross!

You do love your Dizzy Pig rubs, don't you? Have you ever met Chris Cappell, the founder of Dizzy Pig? That was/is? the name of his competition barbecue team.

One of the nicest guys I've ever met!
No I haven't maybe some day!

Ross