What are you Baking today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I haven't made the peanut butter cookies yet.

May do that today, since I'm stuck in the house due to this continuous onslaught of bad weather. ;)

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Five hours of teaching a young lady chef how to work with dough. Very rewarding for both of us, and she was a a good student. I showed her the techniques, then she took over and finished the tasks. I made her a Joe McMuffin using the English muffins she made, and she loved it. She and her hubby have a lot of breads to eat, since we went through almost 6 pounds of flour.

Attachments

• Savannas first bake.jpg
    Savannas first bake.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 455
  • English Muffins 082614-1.jpg
    English Muffins 082614-1.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 459
Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here are the peanut butter cookies! Made 3 dozens of them. :clap:

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 440

Saliha

I made today sweet buns for the Shrove Tuesday (tomorrow). Kind of buns are traditional dessert for this festival.

e0b1cw91asao.jpg

Sweet bun filled by strawberry jam and whipped cream.

Laskiainen is a celebration with Finnish origins, which is associated with Shrove Tuesday and is often described as a "mid-winter sliding festival".

One of the places the festival is celebrated is in the community of Palo, Minnesota (between Aurora and Makinen, on the shores of Loon Lake). Palo is the home of one of the longest continuously held Finnish–American festivals in the United States.

Many smaller groups and Finnish–American clubs have various Laskiainen celebrations, but the large one which developed and became more organized in Palo in the 1930s is notable for both size and longevity.

It is traditional to have a split-pea soup with ham meal, and slide down either snow-covered or iced tracks, often on toboggans.

smileys-winter-sports-536346.gif

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Barb - I love those hamburger buns. I am anxious for the snow to melt. I have a good recipe for sourdough buns and would love to try it.

Saliha - The whipped cream and Jam looks interesting. Does the whipped cream not squish out when you eat it. Not that that would be a bad thing. LOL

Saliha

Saliha - The whipped cream and Jam looks interesting. Does the whipped cream not squish out when you eat it. Not that that would be a bad thing. LOL

Usually I eat the cap first with part of cream. But sometimes eating those is quite a mess.

Saliha

I made blueberry muffins today:

e5i3owt45hf2.jpg

I took blueberries from the freezer and because they were so moist, they colored muffins quite ugly.

:whistling:

I had to use powdered sugar frosting to make them more eatable looking.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Everything looks so delicious!

You folks have been baking up a storm!

Lee

Saliha

So bad weather here today, so I decided to use my day for baking.

Carrot bread with sunflower and pumpkin seeds:

7t2yihyxe5j6.jpg

Thin oat cookies:

2j3yhan10u78.jpg

Shermie

Site Supporter
Dag, those Congo Bars look GOOD, Homecook!!

Can you please post the recipe for them? Thanks. :piesmiley1::eating2: :bounce:

Saliha

Peanut butter and oatmeal cookies

ho7i1w339qo7.jpg

We don´t use here peanut butter very much, so my mom said they taste interesting. Not bad but interesting.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
You guys are just baking up a storm. It all looks good.

Adillo - hope you've got those pushed way back on the countertop just in case a canine thief happens by :).

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Cooksie - That is why I stopped making sourdough or bread for that matter. I had two really nice loaves of sourdough on second rise. Liam ate them both and I gave up. He paid for it as it kept rising in his stomach.

They are both twelve now and their counter surfing days are over. Recently Bear did get into discarded sourdough starter. Yeah trash picking is still active. He had a pretty tough week.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
don't think I've uploaded these photos - yesterday's bake reminded me, so....

it's a No Knead Bread thing. I decrease the hydration about 5%, formed the dough into a ball for the second rise.

then, having risen on parchment, easy transfer to bake on a stone covered with a stainless bowl.
produced that wonderful crackly crust.
DSC_2621.jpg

I "faked" some of the pix later - the hardware is way too hot to handle / fiddle with during the acutal bake cycle. rise on parchment, into 500'F oven onto one hour preheated stone, covered by bowl for 15 minutes, then uncovered to finsh baking 14 minutes.

looks like:
DSC_2612.jpg

DSC_2619.jpg

DSC_2615.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Very impressive pretzels, Andy!

Chowder, I bet I could eat a whole loaf of that bread - beautiful!

Saliha, if you haven't done so already, would you please post the recipe for that ham and broccoli pie in a new thread?

Great job, everyone!

Lee

Saliha

A chocolate cake for the Easter:

vqmtq3teikhu.jpg

Chocolate - mocha cake with fig jam, mascarpone cheese, chocolate mousse, peach slices and chocolate peppermint candies.

:wub:

Saliha

A cake for the Mother´s Day:

4exi3di4a4ev.jpg

Sponge cake, filled with raspberry jam, raspberry-blueberry cream and mashed banana, decorated with whipped cream, fresh raspberries and strawberries.

:wub: I love you mom...

Ian M.

Saliha - Your cakes (both the last one and the chocolate cake right before it) are really beautiful. My wife's tongue is just hanging out!
I'm going into sugar shock from just looking at the pictures and reading the ingredients............

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.