New Kitchen Toys Coming Soon!

Shermie

Site Supporter
I just ordered the never-burn stock pot in the 7-qt size (it's on its way here from Amazon).

Plus I ordered the Hamilton Beach Breakfast Sandwich Maker and a 5-qt oil tank for storing used hot oil or grease. It is a enameled steel bowl with a screen and plastic cover. :bbq3: :bbq: :chef:

K

Kimchee

Be careful with the never burn pot. Consumer Reports says that if you use them on too high heat, the oil can expand and cause the bottoms of the pot to warp and bulge.
On the plus side, although cooking times are longer, if the heat is kept on low to medium, they say their test recipes didn't burn or stick.
I need me an oil tank. How long can used oil be stored?

Shermie

Site Supporter
Oh boy !!!! Do we get to see pictures?

Ask, Chocolate Moose, & you shall receive!

Here they are - not here yet, but here's how they look. The short pot in the back on the right is the one that I'll be getting. Don't think that I'll need one larger than 7 quarts!

Thanks, Kimchee.

I was reading about that after I did some researched on the pot. That it can't be used with high heat, and it appears that some have done that, thinking that they could, but instead, I would assume that since they did, the pot is somewhat ruined, leading me to think that for those who did, the pot more than likely now does NOT sit flat on the stove! They should've heeded that warning!

Glad that I found out beforehand, so that I know not to do that when I use it! :ohmy:

My 11-year-old grand nephew has the HB Breakfast Sammie aker in the new double-maker version that he got for his birthday. :piesmiley1::eating2:

Attachments

• never-burn stockpot.png 2.jpg
    never-burn stockpot.png 2.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 365
  • HB Breakfast Sammie Maker.jpg
    HB Breakfast Sammie Maker.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 374
  • 5-qt oil tank..jpg
    5-qt oil tank..jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here's the one that my grand nephew has. :weber:

Attachments

• Hamilton Beach Dual Sammie Maker.png
    Hamilton Beach Dual Sammie Maker.png
    73.1 KB · Views: 396

Shermie

Site Supporter
Thanks.

I think that the short pot is in the front though. In either case, I'm getting the shortest & smallest one!

if anyone is interested, the HB Breakfast Sandwich Maker & the 5-qt oil tank is coming from Ginnys.com. :agree:

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Forgot about THIS ONE!

Supposed to be coming today. :piesmiley1::eating2::bounce:

Attachments

• Food Mill..jpg
    Food Mill..jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 361

Shermie

Site Supporter
Hah!! Thanks, it came! Smaller than the old one, but should perform just as good! :applause: :clap:

Shermie

Site Supporter
The HB Sammie Maker arrived today!

The stock pot is delayed!

Went all the way over to bloody UPS yesterday after calling them the evening before to have it held off the truck, and even with the tracking number, I STILL friggen couldn't get it!!

They claim that if I called earlier, I could have gotten it yesterday, well that was a fine time to tell me that!! I will NEVER order anything during winter months that has to be delivered by them!!!

Some bloody red tape about it being supposedly locked up in a security trailer that no one there has access to!! They also said that the recent onslaught of snowstorms has backed up deliveries, and that I couldn't get it Friday, yet the bloody truck drove by my address 3 or 4 times and wouldn't even stop to drop it off!! I was fuming!!! :furious:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here are 3 of my new kitchen toys! Still waiting for the stock pot to come, which is said to arrive tomorrow. :piesmiley1::eating2: :bounce:

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 359
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 390

lilbopeep

🍀🍀🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Here are 3 of my new kitchen toys! Still waiting for the stock pot to come, which is said to arrive tomorrow. :piesmiley1::eating2: :bounce:

What is the full name of the 5-qt oil tank for storing used hot oil or grease? I can't find it on amazon.

Shermie

Site Supporter
What is the full name of the 5-qt oil tank for storing used hot oil or grease? I can't find it on amazon.

Thanks.

It is just called a 5-qt oil storage tank. And it is dishwasher safe (Plastic lid in top rack away from the heating element)!

I just got it from ginnys.com. Got the HB BSM from there, also They are so nice to me because you can opt for their own charge account called Choose & Charge once you sign up as a member!
You only have to make low monthly payments, and your credit line increases after you've made steady payments by or before the due date for several months! :cooking: :wow:

Go here;

http://www.ginnys.com/Kitchen-and-D...adgets/5-qt-oil-storage-tank.pro?omSource=SLI&

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
The plastic lid is not a tight fit, but I don't care. I love the unit anyway!! :piesmiley1::eating2: :bounce:

Last edited:

Leni

I just bought a new stove. The old one is over 15 years old and the broiler feature no longer works. I will be delivered on 2-27-15. One neat feature is the cleaning. You fill the well in the bottom of the oven with water. The oven turns it to steam and then I just wipe it clean. Do the same thing with my microwave.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Finally, after waiting for a week of being held up at UPS because of the recent snowstorms that have plagued the New England (Boston) area, my 7-qt never-burn stock pot was finally delivered yesterday!!!

Ain't she purty?!! :weber: :bbq3:

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 410
Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Well, broke down & bought another kitchen toy today.

The Power Pressure Cooker XL, the one that I said that I wouldn't buy because in the infomercial, some of the food looks overcooked.

But I was in a Target store and there was only one left there, so I thought that I'd get it and try it out, rather than order it through the 800 number or online. I'm so sick of being stuck at home on delivery day, playing that bloody waiting game, not knowing what time it will arrive!!

This way, if I don't like it, I can return it for an instant refund! :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 324