Breakfat Buretto

LADawg

Our youngest daughter, Carla, paid us a visit a couple of weeks ago. For breakfast one morning I made my version of a breakfast buretto. After she got home she sent me an e-mail asking for a recipe. Here was my reply:

Carla, I hate to tell you, but I DO NOT have a recipe for Breakfast Burritos as such, but I will try to ‘make one up”. I guess it will be more in a set of instructions than a real recipe. Anyway here goes.
1. I start with one extra large flour tortilla or they are sometimes just called large tortillas. I find that La Banderita brand taste the best, but they are very thin and sometime stick together after they have been placed in the refrigerator (flour tortillas must be refrigerator after they have been open). Since I have trouble with the La Banderita brand I sometime use Mission brand. These are not quite as thin, but I’ve not had a sticking problem with them. I lay a paper towel of a microwave safe dinner plate and dampened it with water. I lay the tortilla on the damp paper tower, place another paper towel of top of it, and dampened that one too. I place the tortilla in a microwaves, but do not start it at this time. I do however set the cooking sitting on high and the time of 23 to 25 seconds.
2. I cut 2 or 3 slices of a good brand of bacon in half crosswise and place them in a cold skillet. I use a cast iron skillet, but other kind of skillets could be used. I cook the bacon on a medium temperature until it is just done. I like my bacon to be a bit on the chewy side, but you can cook it until it is crisp it that’s they way you like it. I remove them to a paper towel to drain.
3. While the bacon is cooking I put about a half teaspoons, maybe a little more, butter in a small not stick skillet (something like an omelet skillet), turn the heat on low, and start to melt the butter. After I remove the cooked bacon I then turn the heat up on the second skillet to a little over medium heat and add one well beaten extra large egg that has been salted. I let this well beaten egg set, kind of like I was cooking an omelet, but I then scramble it until it is done. Remove the scrambled extra large egg to a small bowl.
4. A few seconds before the extra large egg is done I hit the start button on the microwave and heat up the flour tortilla for the 23 to 25 seconds.
5. Remove the heated flour tortilla from the microwave, dispose of the damp paper towels and wipe any moisture from the plate with a fresh paper towels. Place the scrambled egg on the warm tortilla about 2 inches from the bottom of the tortilla and spread it out horizontally leaving about an inch of space on both the left and the right sides.
6. Spread two or three tablespoons of shredded taco cheese on top of the warm egg. I have used several different brands and to tell you the truth they all taste about the same. Just be sure that the shredded cheese package shows that the cheese has taco seasoning in it.
7. Place the cooked bacon evenly over the egg and cheese. Roll up the tortilla making sure that about half way up the “rolling up” you fold the two sides on your left and right over toward the middle and continue to roll. I then cut them in half.
Like I said this is more of a set of instructions than a recipe, but I think you can follow them and end up with a good breakfast……

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for sharing here Dawg. Sure sounds like a winner. I plan to try it soon.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds easy and delicious! Great instructions, LA!

I would add a few drops of salsa verde on mine.

Lee