KA Stand Mixer

Shermie

Site Supporter
Belive it or not, THIS was first home stand mixer that KA had introduced in the '30s, and it featured TWO beaters in use at the time!!

Compare that one to the one on the right; Baby, look at you now!!!

Attachments

• Antique_KitchenAid.jpg
    Antique_KitchenAid.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Blue_KitchenAid.jpg
    Blue_KitchenAid.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 36

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Oh.

You mean the flat beater and the dough hook'

Like these;

kinda. the whisk is not coated. oops. i should get rid of that decoration i call 'pinkie'. much prefer wire whisks & a stainless bowl.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Yeah, I don't think that the wire whip was ever coated. It was always in its natural state.

But I so glad though, that the dough hooks and flat beaters that came with both of my stand mixers are nylon-coated, as they would have darkened a long time ago from being repeatedly washed in the dishwasher!!

Shermie

Site Supporter
This was the next generation stand mixer in 1919 for countertop use in small bakeries. Then it became availible for home use.

As for the newer one on the right, could THIS be their new design? Looks like a pumped up Viking or something!

Is Whirlpool considering selling the KA mixer line to some other company to start making soon?!! Shame!!!

Attachments

• Vintage KA stand mixer..jpg
    Vintage KA stand mixer..jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 7L_New_Design_Kitchenaid_Stand_Mixer.jpg
    7L_New_Design_Kitchenaid_Stand_Mixer.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 33

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here's a pic of an earlier model of the now popular shape with a NON-COATED dough hook. Note the "lifter handle" on the motorhead. :wink:

Attachments

• 800px-KitchenAid_Model_K.jpg
    800px-KitchenAid_Model_K.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 34

Shermie

Site Supporter
That's what I was thinking. :thumb:

Yeah, even though they retain the same classic shape for the tilt-head machines, they've added more powerful motors, higher torque, slightly increased capacity, and more pretier colrs to choose from. :eating2: