I've got all this stuff to do...

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
and I don't want to do a damn thing. This is what I have to accomplish before I can get out of here, today.

Settle the books for yesterday.
Settle the books for the month.
Move Fior's direct deposit to another bank.
Enter the invoices for the last two days
Bill the catering for the last two days
Make 50 mini corn muffins with smoked turkey and cranberry relish
Make 50 mini gazpacho cups
Plate 50 chocolate covered strawberries
Deliver the event for 2pm.
Count the safe.
Send my marketing budget
Clear and/or correct all the employees time enters.
And I'm quite sure some other stuff will pop up during the course of the day.

I've been to the gym already - did almost 3miles on the eliptical and 40 crunches with 80# of weight.

I still have to go swimming - did 18 laps yesterday. Will try for 20 today.

I have to empty the dishwasher at home.
I have to clean the bathroom at home.
I have another load of laundry to fold and put away.

I'd much rather go down the shore and sit on the sand.:sun1:

What do you have to do that you are putting off??

Lefty

Yank
I have two test reports I am behind on. I have no real excuse, but I will blame the rain for my lack of ambition.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I am the queen of procrastination. I need to do some yard work, but I will blame the killer heat. I need to go to the grocery store, but I don't have the sale ads yet. I need to get an inspection sticker on my car, but I just hate going down there. They always find something wrong. Besides, I think you get a grace period before they issue you a ticket!

smoke king

Banned
Mow the grass/trim the yard, clean the pool, clean the floor in my studio, finish some tracks that have been lingering on the hard drive for way too long, wash/detail the car, visit Aunt Mary at the AL community and get her groceries, figure out a menu for 4th of July bash, go do some more fireworks shopping (a labor of love!!), finish the artwork for my new tattoo, feed Sammy some breakfast and take the pups out to poop (every 20 minutes and they still go in the house!).

All this and then some, and yet here I sit perusing NCT............

buckytom

Grill Master
the turle tank has turned into a swamp. it desperately needs to be cleaned. (i know turtles live in swamps, but not indoor turtles who keep the company of parrots do not. it gets too stinky.)

which reminds me: the parrot cages need cleaning too.

the front lawn is getting more than ankle deep.

the bushes in front need to be trimmed, and a scotch broom is taking over; needs to be tied back, or i was thinking of transplanting it. can i have a few more hours in each day this week? 24 ain't enough.

the garden needs a weedin', and i still have basil, dill, peas, peppers, and zucchini to get into the ground.

one side of the house's foundation is getting weedy, so i need to finally get around to picking up, then spreading a few cubic yards of marble stones over plastic to keep the weeds down.

the giant apple tree needs pruning over the neighbor's yard, and i'll save a few branches for making apple wood chips. if anyone wants some, lemme know.

i removed some landscaping timbers to build a giant sand box for my new pool last week, so now i need to pick up and lay new stone borders for my herb and raspberry plantings, before all of the soil in them washes away.

the carpet in the basement needs to be stretched in a few places that i had to lift it to dry it out when i had a smal flood 2 weeks ago.

and i have to rebuild a 10 foot section of the basement wall that was torn out when the corroded pipes were replaced after the flood. need studs, masonry nails, and sheet rock. i have joint and metal corner tape, and joint compound.

my (1st floor apt.) brandy new referigerator needs cleaning. stainless steel is a pita to keep clean. the inside needs to be scrubbed as well.

my canoe deck has a crack in it. i bought allumaloy to fix it. now i need a new torch.

i have to figure out what to get my mom and dad for their july birthdays. what do you get 2 octegenarians?

i could go on... i wish you didn't ask, vb. :neutral:

hey, btw, dw and my boy are in if we have a joisey get together on a weekend day. they're looking forward to meeting you, and adillo, cheekinz, et al. maybe even some pennsylvania peeps can make it.

lilylove

Dye hair..
wash wood floors
vaccuum the carpets
wash two or three loads of clothes, dry, put away
two toilets to scrub
leg 'o' lamb to cook
dishwasher to fill, run and empty
garden and yard to water
paul has a shirt that I need to sew a button on
paper work to do
cat box to empty
gotta go tan....
finish packing

I guess that is about it.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Was up at 5 this morning and made 4 loaves of bread and a recipe of Smothered Chicken and an extra pint of scratch gravy for my fishing trip (leave early Wed. morn.). All done by around 8:30 and the kitchen was completely cleaned. The bread is cut and bagged now and the chicken is in the cooler waiting to get put in plastic bags for transport. I ate my lunch already and sorted out my camp kitchen, now it's off to the store for the the perishables and then to the bank for my deposits. I then have to empty the floor of the van, sweep it out and pack it out for the trip.

The Lodge has WiFi so I'm taking the laptop. I'll get some foodie pics to post and maybe even a fish or two.

Oh, almost forgot that I have two loaves of Italian Herb no-knead to bake sometime after 5.

I sure love the anticipation of a fishing trip. Here's where I'm going...

P1000757.jpg

P1000756.jpg

Strangely, there was a bikini hatch one day last year. Maybe it will happen again this year.

bikinihatch08-1-1.jpg

Last edited:

buckytom

Grill Master
nice hooters!!!! (in the 3rd pic)

what, i thought i saw an owl...

umm, aren't canoes supposed to go in water?

nevermind, i see she's a blonde...

sirena

Good grief. You all are wearing me out! Man, do I love being retired. Only thing I have to do today is mail a couple of letters. It's going to be pretty warm this week, so at some point I'm going to make a recipe that has been intriguing me. Gazpacho with Mustard ice Cream. Doesn't that sound divine?

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I don't know, Sirena...I'm always proud of my extremely adventurous palate....but I might draw the line at mustard ice cream.

sirena

Ah, but keep in mind it's not sweet. It's cream, milk, eggs and Dijon mustard - but frozen. How bad can it be? A plop of it right on your bowl of gazpacho - getting all melty and mixing in with the tomatoes, cukes, garlic etc. None of the ingredients in both dishes scream at each other, in fact it seems very harmonious. Aren't you just a little bit intrigued? I can't quite imagine the taste but it's so darn interesting I have to try it. I'll let you know what it's like after I do.

suziquzie

Boy have I found the thread for me today!

We're having our 4th of July party here Friday night.

I have to clean and straighten up the entire house
Pick up sticks and toys before DH mows the lawn
I did put all the laundry away.... finally....
Figure out if I am making egged or eggless potato salad.... and make it....
Make rounds of kids' dr and dentist appts
yadda yadda...
I've been busy all morning and yet the house STILL looks like a bomb hit it...
or the kids were here...
I need a sitter.
:)
On the bright side... i DID get the keg ordered.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've been putting off getting over to the beach and sitting on the sand.

Gonna get to it this weekend, I fervently hope!

Lee

P.S. LOLOL, BT!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Ah, but keep in mind it's not sweet. It's cream, milk, eggs and Dijon mustard - but frozen. How bad can it be? A plop of it right on your bowl of gazpacho - getting all melty and mixing in with the tomatoes, cukes, garlic etc. None of the ingredients in both dishes scream at each other, in fact it seems very harmonious. Aren't you just a little bit intrigued? I can't quite imagine the taste but it's so darn interesting I have to try it. I'll let you know what it's like after I do.

I can certainly understand the dynamics of the flavours blending..I'd be much more inclined to have a cilantro lime ice cream than mustard though. I never think of mustard and gazpacho in the same bowl.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I didn't get to my entire list..now I have to do it tomorrow, plus interview someone for the assistant manager's position. Plus make a schedule for next week. Plus get orders done for a thursday delivery.

They loved my mini gazpacho cups, by the way.

sirena

I can certainly understand the dynamics of the flavours blending..I'd be much more inclined to have a cilantro lime ice cream than mustard though. I never think of mustard and gazpacho in the same bowl.

Ooh, that would be good too. I'd have never thought of the mustard/gazpacho thing either. I read it in one of Patricia Wells cookbooks and just thought it sounded amazing. In any case, when I try it, I'll let you know how it tastes.

suziquzie

All right... I'm up... my list is longer, but it WILL be done today.
Yesterday actually thinking about it put me in a foul mood so I took a nap.

Re-charged, I have high hopes!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
and yet here I am again..some things checked off and new things replaced them..

I want chocolate.

sirena

In your case, with all that you have on your plate, I'd say that chocolate could be viewed as medicinal. Take two bars and call me in the morning.
Chocolate is life!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
the turle tank has turned into a swamp. it desperately needs to be cleaned. (i know turtles live in swamps, but not indoor turtles who keep the company of parrots do not. it gets too stinky.)

which reminds me: the parrot cages need cleaning too.

the front lawn is getting more than ankle deep.

the bushes in front need to be trimmed, and a scotch broom is taking over; needs to be tied back, or i was thinking of transplanting it. can i have a few more hours in each day this week? 24 ain't enough.

the garden needs a weedin', and i still have basil, dill, peas, peppers, and zucchini to get into the ground.

one side of the house's foundation is getting weedy, so i need to finally get around to picking up, then spreading a few cubic yards of marble stones over plastic to keep the weeds down.

the giant apple tree needs pruning over the neighbor's yard, and i'll save a few branches for making apple wood chips. if anyone wants some, lemme know.

i removed some landscaping timbers to build a giant sand box for my new pool last week, so now i need to pick up and lay new stone borders for my herb and raspberry plantings, before all of the soil in them washes away.

the carpet in the basement needs to be stretched in a few places that i had to lift it to dry it out when i had a smal flood 2 weeks ago.

and i have to rebuild a 10 foot section of the basement wall that was torn out when the corroded pipes were replaced after the flood. need studs, masonry nails, and sheet rock. i have joint and metal corner tape, and joint compound.

my (1st floor apt.) brandy new referigerator needs cleaning. stainless steel is a pita to keep clean. the inside needs to be scrubbed as well.

my canoe deck has a crack in it. i bought allumaloy to fix it. now i need a new torch.

i have to figure out what to get my mom and dad for their july birthdays. what do you get 2 octegenarians?

i could go on... i wish you didn't ask, vb. :neutral:

hey, btw, dw and my boy are in if we have a joisey get together on a weekend day. they're looking forward to meeting you, and adillo, cheekinz, et al. maybe even some pennsylvania peeps can make it.
i'm a pennsylvanian! where're you meeetin?

buckytom

Grill Master
luvs, nothing has been decided yet. we're talking mid-august sometime, though. i'll be sure to keep you in the loop.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
vera, this is why i already have a love/hate for the career (Chef) i chose, hours till you wanna collapse, though my Mom wants me to be a doctor & me-thinks i should be a doc, too! i can't just tuck into school for that at 28, though.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
SilverSage, thank you. I have a bowl of dark chocolate covered almonds that I shoved into the freezer for after cocktail consumption tonight..:bounce:

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I am finally feeling well enough to tackle a huge project and it is getting done and I am really happy about it! I had procrastinated for years. It feels good to make progress.