What is your favorite donut shop?

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
images

With a Quart of Milk!

AllenOK

Daylite Donuts! That's a franchised chain around here, based out of Tulsa. Donuts made fresh daily. If you don't get there before 0900, you probably won't get any decent donuts. Get there early enough, and they may still be warm!

There's another chain, Paradise Bakery, here locally. I haven't tried them, but they advertise as being in business since 1936 or thereabouts.

Although, Cafe du Monde in Jackson Square, New Orleans, is open 24/7, and the beignets are cooked to order! Piping hot, and dusted with powered sugar. Yummy!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
A place called Pat's Donuts and Kreme.
Used to be Dunkin Donuts, but they aren't around here any longer.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Tell me if I'm missing something because I don't do donut shops any more than I go to fast food restaurants. I'll eat a donut every once in a while but it's not a habit. Coffee - that's my morning drug.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Tell me if I'm missing something because I don't do donut shops any more than I go to fast food restaurants. I'll eat a donut every once in a while but it's not a habit. Coffee - that's my morning drug.

Same here basically Buzz, but every once in a while I need to have a bavarian cream filled donut, or just a simple warm glazed one.
There used to be a place when I lived up north (in Defiance Ohio) called Dad's Donuts.
He (Dad)the owner had this wonderful donut called Chocolate Angels.. O M G!

Like you though, I rarely go to donut shops these days, it's not a regular thing.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Guys.......click the link in my post. You'll do doughnuts everyday. Really.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Same here basically Buzz, but every once in a while I need to have a bavarian cream filled donut, or just a simple warm glazed one.
There used to be a place when I lived up north (in Defiance Ohio) called Dad's Donuts.
He (Dad)the owner had this wonderful donut called Chocolate Angels.. O M G!

Like you though, I rarely go to donut shops these days, it's not a regular thing.

I lost my sweet tooth. When I was a kid I craved glazed donuts but the urge has long since gone. Breakfast now is bran in yogurt and a banana. I'm a product of the aging process....

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I lost my sweet tooth. When I was a kid I craved glazed donuts but the urge is long since gone. Breakfast now is bran in yogurt and a banana. I'm a product of the aging process....

I'm not big on sweets either Buzz.
Put a slice of chocolate cake or pizza in front of me, and I'll take the pizza.
There was a time when I loved candy bars, cookies, cakes and such.. now I prefer bready things, stuff that is deep fried and spicy, but if I get a craving I satisfy it.
Last month I bought a bag of Reese's cups and they sat on the countertop for ages.
I took them to work and let everyone enjoy them.

My usual breakfast (if I have it) is a fruit smoothie or just a banana with oj and my vitamins... and of course, the coffee.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Last month I bought a bag of Reese's cups and they sat on the countertop for ages.

Ha! My one and only sugar vice. I'm a total sucker for Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. I ONLY buy them at Halloween but I buy enough for the leftovers to give me pimples for a month. :)

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I guess me and Bam are the only ones going to the good coffee shops! Cheers Bam, more for us!!!! :yum:

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I guess me and Bam are the only ones going to the good coffee shops! Cheers Bam, more for us!!!! :yum:

I saw your reference but figure that if I want to piss away my money on T&A+Food I'll mosey on down to hooters and get me some orange....

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I saw your reference but figure that if I want to piss away my money on T&A+Food I'll mosey on down to hooters and get me some orange....

Hooters is so over-rated. The wings have become lack luster, and the crowd is infantile at best. At least the coffee shop is new, but if it catches on, it will get as bad as Hooters. But, this was a thread on Doughnuts and not wings, so I thought I'd try.

Personally, I don't care for sweets at all. Good coffee, yeah, but other than that, my 3 squares are more substantial than sugar fluff. I simply don't have a sweet tooth at all.

AllenOK

ok i have been meaning to ask..and maybe i missed seeing it with my good eye but where is somewhereover the rainbow?..lol

Some folks don't like to advertise their physical location on open forums like this. I can completely understand.

That said, Lifesaver mentioned Daylight donuts. Can't be to far from my neck of the woods, say, anywhere within a day's drive.

Daylight is good. Fresh cooked daily. I've never been fond of Krispy Kreme. Overly hyped, the donuts are smaller then Daylight's, and unless you can get them freshly cooked, start to loose their appeal rather quickly. The packaged stuff in grocery stores I won't waste my money on.

As far as Keltin's place, well, yes, it does have it's appeal. However, I just don't know if a top waiter (man) is really a smart idea. I mean, if I take off my top, and expose my furry torso, do you really want to think of the possible contamination to food?

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Buzz, I rarely eat doughnuts anymore either but once in a very blue moon, I will have one--usually around Hannukkah.

Use to be that I would start the car and make my father drive me for a doughnut or ice cream when I was a child. It wasn't a very hard sell as he loved sweets. lol It is a fond memory for me.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I rarely eat donuts too but I'm tempted by Krispy Kreme if the "Hot out of the oven" light is on.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
I rarely eat donuts too but I'm tempted by Krispy Kreme if the "Hot out of the oven" light is on.
Now Thats what I am talking about!
There so good when they are hot!
Unlike most of you- I still have a sweet tooth.
My 15 Year old daughter reminds me I am eating to much Chocolate!
My only salvation is Lucky monitoring my low Carb Diet (M-Th)!
All I want for Christmas is;
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w01g20e11OE[/ame]

:harley: