Site Supporter
Ingredients;

1lb dried pinto beans.
1/2 cup each;

Copped onions.
Chopped celery.
Chopped green peppers.

1/2 cup bacon grease or cooking oil.
5 to 6 slices cooked bacon, chopped roughly..

1/8 tsp. each;

Seasoned Salt.
Ground Black Pepper.
Sylvia's Seasoning.
Garlic powder.
Cajun Seasoning.
Salt.

2 or more dashes liquid smoke. Not too much, or beans will taste like medicine!

Water to cover.

Directions;

Fry bacon in skillet. Remove bacon when done and deglaze skillet with a little hot water & scrape up brown particles. Add this water to beans in pressure cooker before sealing it.

Heat bacon grease or oil over medium heat in pressure cooker. Add chopped veggies. Cook & sweat until almost tender.

Meanwhile, pick over beans to remove any foreign materials. Rinse in colander to remover dirt. Add to cooked veggies in pressure cooker.

Add enough water to cover. Do not add bacon yet. Cover pressure cooker with lid, seal & set pressure regular on vent pipe. Over medium heat, let the pressure cooker come up to pressure. When regulator begins to jiggle, begin timing cooking process for 45 minutes to an hour.

Remove from heat and release pressure according to manual's instructions. Beans should be soft. Add cooked roughly chopped bacon. Adjust seasonings if needed or desired. L Cover loosely & let liquid cooked down a little until it is slightly thickened.

Serves about 6 or 8. Enjoy!

If desired, smoked turkey wings, neck bones or ham hocks can be used in place of the bacon. In that case, cook along with the beans from the beginning.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 546
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 543
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 603

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds delicious, Shermie - and the photos are terrific!

Lee

Shermie

Site Supporter
Sounds delicious, Shermie - and the photos are terrific!

Lee

Thanks, QSis!!

And it IS delicious!! Still got some, and I'm going to have some more soon!

Only shortcoming with dried beans is that they give me lots of gas. But the beauty of it is that it's only me living here, so I don't have to feel embarrassed around anyone else when I expel it, if you know what I mean! Hah! :wink: :wink: