Bea Arthur dies at 86

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Mary Altaffer / AP

LOS ANGELES - Maude" and "Golden Girls" star Bea Arthur has died, a family spokesman said.
The 86-year-old Arthur, who had cancer, died at home early Saturday, said Dan Watts, family spokesman.
The tall, deep-voiced actress won a Tony Award for the musical "Mame" and Emmy Awards for "The Golden Girls" and "Maude." Arthur's razor-sharp delivery of comedy lines helped make the sitcoms hits and turned the veteran stage and film actress into a popular TV star.
Arthur first appeared as the feminist liberal character Maude in the 1970s landmark comedy series "All in the Family," making guest appearances as the loudly outspoken, liberal in-law of blue-collar worker Archie Bunker (Carroll O'Connor).
Check back later on this breaking news story.

Derek

Banned
Noooo, I liked her in Golden Girls, And The Wedding Singer.

She cracked me up when she did the rapping bit.

Opps just realized it's Bea, Still a sad loss.

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
HATED the show Maude.... HATED IT! ANd Bea is/was an icon for cross dressers. Not sure why. But the rest of her stuff was OK.

Wasabi

So sad to read this news when I signed in this morning. Loved her work especially in the Golden Girls. As you see by my signature, this is one of my favorite sit coms. I still watch it everyday. Thank you Bea for all the laughs.