2012 Outdoor Cookoff Summer edition - Side Dishes

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Although these aren't all really "side dishes", I'm putting them here because they are not "main dishes".

The first is cherry-smoked bacon (makes incredible BLT's!) and the second is a salad of "gourmet cucumbers" I get in my supermarket, with edible nasturiams that I grow.

Hey, I GROW the flowers OUTSIDE!! LOL!

Lee

Attachments

• Cherry-smoked bacon.JPG
    Cherry-smoked bacon.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 1,071
  • Cucumber and nasturium salad.JPG
    Cucumber and nasturium salad.JPG
    167.8 KB · Views: 1,128

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, I almost forgot the ABT's - a requisite when smoking other things!

Lee

Attachments

• ABT's 7-29.JPG
    ABT's 7-29.JPG
    176.7 KB · Views: 1,186

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Although these aren't all really "side dishes", I'm putting them here because they are not "main dishes".

The first is cherry-smoked bacon (makes incredible BLT's!) and the second is a salad of "gourmet cucumbers" I get in my supermarket, with edible nasturiams that I grow.

Hey, I GROW the flowers OUTSIDE!! LOL!

Lee

attachment.php

That's beautiful!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the nice words, LS!

ABT's are "Atomic Buffalo Turds", and if you type that phrase into NCT's "Search", you will see that a bunch of us make them.

Here's an example of a good thread started by Love2Q http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5458&highlight=Atomic+Buffalo+Turds

Briefly, while wearing disposable gloves, I cut the jalapenos in half, lengthwise. Remove the seeds and membranes. Stuff with cream cheese. Top with a half of a cocktail frank (optional - I don't do that anymore), and wrap each cheese-stuffed pepper with a half a slice of bacon (I cut them in half lenthwise, with scissors). Smoke, grilll or roast until the bacon is crisp.

Lee