Beer Queso

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
After much experimenting, this is what I've come up with.Made in a slow cooker or crock pot. All measurements are approximate. A

16 oz. VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cubed
1/2 white onion, finely diced
8 jalapeno peppers, finely diced
2 large Haas avocados, finely diced
20 oz. of your favorite beer (I prefer a dark ale)
16 oz. shredded Monterey Jack cheese

Start off by putting the Velveeta in the slow cooker or crock pot with a little bit of beer, maybe 4 oz.

Once the Velveeta has begun to melt, add the diced vegetables. A food processor helps a ton, especially with the avocado. If you put all the avocados in the food processor and it comes out looking like guacomole, that's OK.

The Velveeta should still be a little thick, since you haven't added a whole lot of liquid yet. Slowly stir in more beer until it starts to become soupy.

Once the dip has become soupy, stir in shredded Monterey Jack cheese, a little bit at a time.

Continue to add beer and shredded cheese until the queso has the consistency that you desire.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
You had me until you mentioned beer!!:yuk::yuk::yuk: Maybe some wine instead!:in_love:

ummm its called beer queso not wine queso...lmao j/k

i am sure you could make a substitute, i just couldnt recommend one because i dont care for wine.

darn, you are in tx and have so many good beers..lol

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
ummm its called beer queso not wine queso...lmao j/k

i am sure you could make a substitute, i just couldnt recommend one because i dont care for wine.

darn, you are in tx and have so many good beers..lol

Only beer I can drink is playing quarters!!

smoke king

Banned
Thanks Jeff-Doc says the only kind of beer (or any hootch for that matter) I can have is cooked in recipes! Maybe down the road, when I'm not insane anymore, but I don't know when that will be. Really sucks too because I got a fridge full of "tooth-crackin' cold" Coronas here in the basement!!

For the time being, I'll have to try your beer queso. I'm also gonna whip up a batch of beer-battered jello wigglers this weekend-I'll get my beer one way or another!!