Take out - Onion Rings

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Arby's has onion rings now that are killer!! Real onion rings not that pressed and formed stuff.

I used to like the onion rings from Callahan's but they closed.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I've had Tony Roma's recently and good similar to the blooming onion by Outback. The best onion (not rings) was at a place that was part of TGF years ago called Fedora's. It was a real upscale version of the same chain. My wife worked there for a couple of years. At any rate they served Maui onion cut in a rose petal shape with a very light crisp breading served with balsamic vinegar. To this day the best I ever had.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I had not been to Arby's in a long time. Hearing this will make me stop by to check em out. Last I was there they had what they called Onion pedals which were pretty good. Is that what yall are talking about?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
orings.jpg
NEW! STEAKHOUSE ONION RINGS
For a limited time, Arby's is offering delicious Steakhouse Onion Rings! These perfectly battered and seasoned onion rings aren't a small edition to our menu - they are big enough to satisfy any appetite. Battered and fried to golden perfection, our onion rings are what onion rings are supposed to taste like.
They won't be around forever! Get yours as part of your favorite combo meal today!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Sonic makes a great onion ring. Real onion and thick crunchy batter. Good stuff.

I've had Tony Roma's recently and good similar to the blooming onion by Outback. The best onion (not rings) was at a place that was part of TGF years ago called Fedora's. It was a real upscale version of the same chain. My wife worked there for a couple of years. At any rate they served Maui onion cut in a rose petal shape with a very light crisp breading served with balsamic vinegar. To this day the best I ever had.

Guess what!

Tangy Onion Flowers:
http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/tangy-onion-flowers/d2a887fa-f17c-463b-bafd-7d3e488e7e56

Grilled Tangy Onion Flowers:
http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/grilled-tangy-onion-flowers/443e8e5e-dc9b-4f52-a7cf-de641d344185

I would omit the brown sugar. What do you think?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
It sucks that you get so few,isn't it? lol
They are big though.
YES they are nice and big!! YUMMY All this onion ring talk (and I started it :shock:) I think I will need to make and onion ring run after I drop my girl off or after I pick her up!! LOL

I have never tried Sonic onion rings. We just got our first Sonic last year and I was devoted to the tater tots!! LOL I will have to try the rings.

joec

Gold Site Supporter

Good try but not the same. These where actually fried and the balsamic was used for dipping them. The breading was crisp but very thin layer over each piece of onion. It is hard to really describe though but they are really different.